Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 10:38 AM

Default Re: 25nl: WTF???

[ QUOTE ]
and call a push just because I really want to know what he has.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
A+ for metagame purposes also because it'll be really interesting to see what he has!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is basically the number 1 reason I was a breakeven/losing player for my first 100k hands.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:38 PM

does no one seem to believe this bet makes his range primarily full of air, fds or 46/56?
Old 11-16-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
does no one seem to believe this bet makes his range primarily full of air, fds or 46/56?

[/ QUOTE ]

See, this is what I think. I think flush draws w/ overs, pair+SD, and air are a big part of his range. It just looks like the way a moron would play a bluff/semi-bluff. Unless I'd seen him bet the nuts this way before, I'm raising.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:48 PM

raise/call push

high equity, bad implied odds, get it in. He may well call/push with a 5 anyway.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:52 PM

i don't get why this isn't a turbo muck.

edit: this ^^^ was a grunch, i was guessing because of thread length there was some debate. i think like one person other than me has said fold. i really don't get it: we have 8 outs and maybe the best hand now, but he's just overbet the pot by more than 2x on the flop so we've got no pot odds and probably not the best hand.

can someone run me thru the justification for a call based on implied odds?
Old 11-16-2007, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't get why this isn't a turbo muck.

edit: this ^^^ was a grunch, i was guessing because of thread length there was some debate. i think like one person other that me has said fold. i really don't get it: we have 8 outs and maybe the best hand now, but he's just overbet the pot by more than 2x on the flop so we've got no pot odds and probably not the best hand.

can someone (US) run me thru the justification for a call based on implied odds?

[/ QUOTE ]

pertaining to turbo muck, anytime there is an oppurtunity to remove 200+BBs from a monkey, i will consider all aspects

I personally dont get calling, i have to throw it away on a blanked turn and have thrown away 8 bucks without getting any information. Those saying raising is dumb seem to imply i have 0 FE. its def not 0 but i guess it could be considered low.

I dont get an overpair or a set or a str8 making this kind of a bet, so all that is left is hands i have A)dominated or B) a flip against.

against a monkey sitting deep i feel more inclined to raise because of this
Old 11-16-2007, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont get an overpair or a set or a str8 making this kind of a bet, so all that is left is hands i have A)dominated or B) a flip against.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be comfortable raising this if I had a more specific read about what villain overbets with than just that he's out of line, especially since if you only have 15 hands on him you've really only seen 6 or 7 hands. I don't see how you can be confident about assigning a range for this unorthodox bet with so little information, and I'd rather not have to commit two stacks to find out.

So I would normally fold, take a note, watch him with a hawk-eye and find a better spot to relieve him of a stack.

Edit: hallucinated and thought this was 50NL for a sec.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:24 PM

initial reaction was why on earth would we want to stack off for 200BB's on a coinflip gamble against a player described as a lagfish. After reading this whole thread I still feel the same way. Seriously people, we are flipping with his range at best and we've invested 5BB's in the pot, why on earth would we want to gamble for over 200BB's? This is a completely unnecessary high variance play that we should be avoiding.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
initial reaction was why on earth would we want to stack off for 200BB's on a coinflip gamble against a player described as a lagfish. After reading this whole thread I still feel the same way. Seriously people, we are flipping with his range at best and we've invested 5BB's in the pot, why on earth would we want to gamble for over 200BB's? This is a completely unnecessary high variance play that we should be avoiding.

[/ QUOTE ]agreed. no one has yet to explain why he doesnt have an overpair or better here almost always. i seriously dont think villians do this with random draws almost ever unless u have a much better read that he is a complete tard maniac.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:41 PM

Fold it and waitforabetterspot :/