Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 10:09 PM

Default Re: 1/2, tough AA hand, play along with me

as played i would've c/r the turn all in.

River i prob just put the rest in which is nothing.

Idk what's everyones problem with preflop, its really not that bad, i prefer something like 36 to 44 because BU is calling so much cuz were deep.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:12 PM

Doing a "play along" with this hand is so ridiculous.

Especially when the first "play along" action was you having it raised to you in the blinds when you have RAWKETZ.

Come on now.

And goofy is right to bring up c/f turn as an option. Don't put more money in the pot if you don't think your hand is good.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:42 PM

Poker Stars, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

CO: $219.80
BTN: $395.95
SB: $193
Hero (BB): $477.40
UTG: $99.15
MP: $212.95

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
UTG calls $2, <font color="red">MP raises to $9</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $9, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $32</font>, UTG calls $30, MP folds, BTN calls $23

Flop: ($106) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $80</font>, UTG calls $67.15 and is All-In, BTN calls $80

Turn: ($333.15) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players - 1 is All-In)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $77</font>, Hero calls $77

River: ($487.15) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players - 1 is All-In)
<font color="red">Hero bets $72</font>, BTN folds

Results: $487.15 Pot ($3 Rake)
Hero showed A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a pair of Aces) and WON $484.15 (+$295.15 NET)
UTG mucked Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and LOST (-$99.15 NET)
Old 11-02-2007, 11:58 PM

were you b/f the river? Like I said before, atleast 40 on pf. As played, I bet 100 on that flop. As played, I def shove the turn. As played, I c/r turn all in. As played, I open shove the river.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

And goofy is right to bring up c/f turn as an option. Don't put more money in the pot if you don't think your hand is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. I think c/f turn can be okay against some, and I would now c/f river since I don't think he'll put in 100bb more with JJ or something on that board with a smallish sidepot.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:30 AM

too much money in the pot, I would probably call raise on river there, with 1 card str8 possible, I don't think BN was going to push even with a small set.. I was betting river for value against Js-Ks

BN later told me he had Js
Old 11-03-2007, 05:54 AM

turn by villain is wwwwwwweeeaaaaak and shouting draw. Raise it up on turn.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
turn by villain is wwwwwwweeeaaaaak and shouting draw. Raise it up on turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
did you realize one player is allin with almost no side pot? making a semi bluff with draw unlikely IMO
Old 11-03-2007, 02:52 PM

I think the key piece of information is that the button smooth called the flop. This should give you enough information to put a pretty good range on him. What range of hands do you put him on (i'm ignoring the SB for now)?

I did some PokerStove Calculations with this range for the button:

99+,66,AdKd,AdQd,KdQd,QdJd,8d7d,7d6d

how do you guys feel about this range for his hand? With this range (against the button only for now, i think its a little tougher to put a range on the SB since u said he was weak and also short stacked) I found that the equity for the Hero is about 60%. Especially given that the pot is quite large, i can't see how b/f or c/f is a realistic option on the turn.

I may be way off here but does anyone have any thoughts?
Old 11-04-2007, 04:47 AM

On the turn you have one pot-sized bet left in your stack. Just shove. Button's preflop calling range should be pretty wide given there is a fish in the pot, he has position, and is getting 4-1 closing the action. There are plenty of flush draws, straight draws, pairs + gutshots, etc. that he could have after his flop call. It would suck to give him a free card in a pot this big. You can somewhat discount the possibility he has a hand that beats you since he didn't raise the flop. Since there's already a player all-in, he would be more likely to just flat-call the flop with a big draw, pair + draw, etc. Basically, I think you're ahead more often then you're behind here, and you should try to shut him out.