Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2007, 04:02 PM

Default Jets at NE

I'm just going to freewheel any and all points I have pertaining to this game and why I think the Jets are going to get completely smoked and shut down by NE.

This content is not to be considered analysis, merely a list of reasons why I think NY is in for a long day.

-Jets loss at home was the low point/turning point in the Patriots season. It pissed them off and straightened them out and they went 6-1 after it.

-In 1st matchup in 2006, NE totally owned NY for most of the game, only to see it get close after TWO fluky TD's by NY. The final score was 24-17 after a 21-0 led I believe.

-Tom Brady has thrown 0 INT's in his last 3 games.

-NE nose tackle is back. His absence was the main reason the Jets beat NE in their last meeting.

-Belichick truly hates the Jets and still holds a grudge from the Tuna fiasco.

-NE D broke a record this year for least points scored on a NE defense in a season.

-Gillette now has turf AND the weather is going to be very mild. Field conditions will not be a factor.

-Pats will establish run early and often, which will lead to Brady then picking the secondary to pieces.

So in short, I see a very long day ahead for the NYJs. It also helps that the Jets beat NE last meeting and plenty of sheep are thinking "There is NO WAY the Patriots can beat the Jets by 10. NO WAY."

In closing, please refrain from the hate if you don't find this post to your liking. This post is less about analysis and more about intangibles. I live 3 miles from Gillette, but I am in no way a 'homer'. I bet with my head, not with my heart, and my head says NE is going to step on NYs neck and not get off until they hear it crack.

Also, doesn't anyone else find it strange that the O/U is 37- while the other three are 51, 46- & 45-? I just don't see this being a tight, hard-fought defensive battle.

So, FWIW:

NE - 34
NYJ- 13
Old 01-05-2007, 04:09 PM

Default Re: Jets at NE

Everybody else and their dog seems to be on the Jets.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everybody else and their dog seems to be on the Jets.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's correct Sir.

The Jets CAN NOT lose by 10. CAN NOT!
Old 01-05-2007, 05:12 PM

I'm on the Jets, but I certainly don't think this is any type of Lo%#. I believe that Mangini has an understanding of Belichick more than perhaps any coach in the league. He/they also don't fear the Pats' "mystique" like many in the league subconsciously do.

All that said, I pushed the spread up to NYJ(+10, -134) because I do think the Pats could open up a big lead.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:36 PM

The more I think about this game the less and less i like the Jets. The second Belichick warmed up to Mangini I thought "[censored] this guy is gonna blow these guys out"
Old 01-05-2007, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, doesn't anyone else find it strange that the O/U is 37- while the other three are 51, 46- & 45-? I just don't see this being a tight, hard-fought defensive battle.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the OVER here. Mangini and Belicheck are going to look for any excuse to run up the score on each other. Gadget plays, fake punts, you name it. This is the Jets Super Bowl right here.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:40 PM

Having second thoughts on Jets as week went on, only I have already placed the wagers. :-(

Will probably tease hard on NE/Eagles.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:58 PM

I took NYJ +9.5. I don't love it as much as I did when I bet it, but since I am a pseudosharp, I have to bet dogs. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Seriously, I like New York, partially because 9.5 is a lot of points for a game that's expected to be low-scoring.

Yes, I know the books already thought of that.

Sagarin predictor is against me, which I hate.

I do like getting to cheer for the Jets and also against the Patriots.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:52 AM

Good write-up OP,

Tom Brady has really turned it on the past few weeks, and we all know that he has NEVER lost a playoff game playing at home, ever. Tom Brady lives for these kinds of moments, and will undoubtedly be the best player on that football field, I like him to outperform Chad alot here. Pats without starting FS but they have a good defensive playmaker back in the lineup, Jets run defense has some problems, Pats front seven has played better as of late. The Jets run stops here, as for the spread, wouldn't touch it. IMO barring Brady being pressured and turning the ball over a few times, the Pats are going to win by 10 a fair amount of the time. I'd like this game a lot more teased, so gl to whatever side you guys are on.
Old 01-06-2007, 05:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like this game a lot more teased

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, obviously 6 free points would be good, but is there a reason you believe those 6 points would be drastically better? What I'm saying is, why would this be worth teasing instead of betting it straight up?