Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 01:39 AM

Default Re: First good idea

I am thinking of buying a position at current prices and doubling down if it hits 4. Tough spot. Hmm. Thanks for the write up, either way!

James
Old 11-02-2007, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Faced with tightening lending standards, commercial buildings will take a hit as well, dropping 6 percent in 2008. After experiencing a 40 percent surge of growth in 2007, thanks in part to considerable development of ethanol plants, the manufacturing sector will retreat by 11 percent in dollar volume to $16.5 billion.
Some trends are more positive for 2007, particularly in the public sector as many state and local governments remain fiscally strong, Murray said. Public works could realize a 3 percent gain to $120.95 billion in 2008. Highways and bridges are predicted to be a major contributor to growth, as renewed interest has been expressed in Congress for infrastructure improvements following the I-35W bridge collapse in Minneapolis in August. Public-private partnerships also continue to offer additional revenue sources. Murray said that the sector could see a 5 percent increase in construction starts to $56.9 billion in 2008.

Values of institutional building will also rise 4 percent to $118.7 billion next year, while square footage of those projects will remain essentially flat, experiencing a modest 1 percent increase. School construction will be a strong contributor to growth in the sector, rising 7 percent to $56.3 billion next year, while healthcare starts will flatten with a 1 percent drop predicted.

[/ QUOTE ]
http://archrecord.construction.com/n...nstruction.asp
Old 11-03-2007, 09:45 PM

when the q3 report come out?
Old 11-06-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
when the q3 report come out?

[/ QUOTE ]

Monday the 12th.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:11 PM

It's tough out there. NICK reported a decent quarter (sales up, earnings down slightly) and slid another 5% down below $8. Nothing to do but sit and wait (and play poker while I wait).
Old 11-06-2007, 04:32 PM

Yeah, I would be happy with that quarter considering the environment. They should be looking real good once this passes.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:06 PM

I was just checking up on this, how come it hasn't traded any shares today? Or is my quote source off?
Old 11-08-2007, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was just checking up on this, how come it hasn't traded any shares today? Or is my quote source off?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's very illiquid.

Krishan
Old 11-10-2007, 03:27 PM

Here is one of the organizations Dayton uses for projections. There is a presentation on the right side.

http://www.cement.org/

I decided to sell half my shares. I still like this long term, but am dubious about the company's short term results and the economy at large.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:35 PM

If the economy slows to 1% growth or less as many suggest, corporate default rates will rise, making it much harder for highly leveraged, economically sensitive firms to refinance.

A few high yield deals are still getting done. I'm amazed the equity sponsor hasn't pushed them to refinance the '08 maturity debt already.