View Poll Results: Betting more per bet increases EV
Yes 22 55.00%
No 18 45.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 08:45 AM

Default Re: SSNL [Life] MAY (N/C)

[ QUOTE ]
For all wondering why I have not been taking/giving money at Stars lately...I've finally arrived in Beijing and have been here for a little over a week. I just found a sick apartment and start my "Professional Poker Playing" soon. You know whats tight? I only have to make about .03BB/100 hands to live like a king here. Staying in the Marriot for $40 a night until my hotel is ready. So siiiickkk.

If you are in Beijing/China, gimma holla and we can party like true ballas.

[/ QUOTE ]

how long u there for? i'm kinda busy for now, but i'm gonna go see my dad in malaysia around chinese new year, and then maybe 'rice it up' and check out thailand, china and japan
Old 05-31-2007, 09:45 AM

I too want to go to china. I wanted to go for a year or so, after I leave Japan.

Not good progress with korean girl...

I was talking with the taiwanese chick and the korean girl during the breaktime. I forgot how it started, but the korean girl called me cute and tapped me on the head like "a little brother".

arrgh.

Walked her to her work for a while. She says she considers me a good friend but that's it.
She also asked why I talk to her instead of the other people. I said I like her as a person.

But I think that kills any chances with her.

I have a lot of money problems, visa problems and whatnot right now.
The girl from the bar invited me to go to korea tomorrow but I don't feel like going now.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:48 AM

I'm headed to china for the year starting this sept. Schol there is waiving tuition and financial aid pays all the room and board. Ship it Holla!

Gotta say its a great place to visit tho, I hope the olympics dont ruin it. I reccommend stopping in at Xi'an if you guys make it over there, they have the terra cotta warriors, and alot of cultural stuff, plus its much more chinesey than beijing. I spent about 6 wks there last summer and I am debating moving there, I would only need to make 10$ a day playing poker to be mad rich [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-31-2007, 09:58 AM

I am learning Mandarin. People aren't kidding when they say it's a hard language to learn. Anyone speak it that I can practice with? :]
Old 05-31-2007, 09:59 AM

i do a little. lets lunch tomorrow
Old 05-31-2007, 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i do a little. lets lunch tomorrow

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh yeh, good point. Based on the fact I remember about 10 words (ni hao), I am sure that your 8 year old's understanding vastly outstrips anything I'll be able to do for some time.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:03 AM

You guys should ask Mat to set up a Mandarin forum [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-31-2007, 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys should ask Mat to set up a Mandarin forum [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

argh help me with girl problem
Old 05-31-2007, 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I too want to go to china. I wanted to go for a year or so, after I leave Japan.

Not good progress with korean girl...

I was talking with the taiwanese chick and the korean girl during the breaktime. I forgot how it started, but the korean girl called me cute and tapped me on the head like "a little brother".

arrgh.

Walked her to her work for a while. She says she considers me a good friend but that's it.
She also asked why I talk to her instead of the other people. I said I like her as a person.

But I think that kills any chances with her.

I have a lot of money problems, visa problems and whatnot right now.
The girl from the bar invited me to go to korea tomorrow but I don't feel like going now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bwahahahahah!!!
Old 05-31-2007, 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

argh help me with girl problem

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay: Korean you like, but fear are in the friend zone: Ignore her for a few days. Be busy if she wants to talk. Do not be rude. I usually hate advising playing hard to get, but if you fear you are in the friend zone, this is one way out of it.

Trip to Korea: If you do not want to go then just do not go unless canceling at the last minute will royally screw up her plans. FWIW, a brief change of scenery might be good for you.
Closed Thread