Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-24-2007, 06:18 AM

Default Angle Shooting A$$H0&# @ Red Rock

For those that know me I'm a regular at the Venetian, and occasionally play at Bellagio, Wynn, or Caesar's to break the monotany.
Me and my wife decided to go play at Red Rock today on a whim. It's a bit closer to where we live than the strip so we go there every once in a great while.
We sit in the 2-5 game. There're 3 games going when we show up and my game breaks so I merge to her table. I guess they got rid of the 3-5 game and upped the cap in the 2-5 game which I think makes a lot more sense. Anyways there's an older gentlemen sitting next to her who seems pretty friendly and is chatting her up about this and that.

Then he's in a hand w/ her where the flop is 10 10 8. It's checked around and she checks on the button. The dealer burns and turns a King. Then he starts saying something about how she didn't check the flop as he bets $30. She calls and he says, "Great now I'm screwed" River is another King. He checks and she bets $50 and he calls showing 10x and she flips over KJ. Got what you deserved buddy.

Then he's in a hand w/ me. Flop: 2 3 10 I have 56. Checked around Turn is a 4. I bet $10. He raises to $25(I made a small bet like this in 4 hands ago where he raised w/ nothing and I mucked because I had nothing). I call,
River is 5. I check, he bets $20 I raise to $150. And he says, "I guess I call for a chop." As he shows me his A9o. So I flip my cards over and he mucks his hand. The dealer motions for him to put his money forward and he says, "I didn't call, I said I guess I can't call for a chop." This is B.S., but I don't make a big fuss about it and say that it's fine.

Next hand sweet justice: I limp w/ K3 clubs. Flop: 3 4 clubs 5 clubs
checked to me, I bet $20. He calls. Turn blank. He checks I bet $25 he CR's to $75 I call. River 8 clubs. He goes all-in i.e. he has absolutely nothing. If he had a set, two pair, a straight or anything of value he would either value bet the river or check call being afraid of the flush. I could've stooped to his level and slow rolled him after asking to see his hand, but just said I had a flush because I knew he had nothing anyways. But people like this amaze me. I hope I see that guy again though because it filled me w/ great pleasure to stack him. I don't go to Red Rock too often and he seemed to be a regular there. All I have to say is justice was served and too bad he didn't have more in front of him.