Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2006, 05:33 AM

Default Re: Nut straight against flush out of position

all streets look fine to me
Old 09-21-2006, 01:03 PM

miles,

you are correct that we are not just facing random hands.

drzen,

miles's analysis is another reason why just doing a hot/cold equity calculation and going from there is insufficient.

i'm now thinking that betting the turn is wrong after all. hmm.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are some Ongame sites spreading .15/.30 or is this just a weird converter thing? Because PR doesn't.

[/ QUOTE ]
I played this hand at towergaming. This seems to be a fairly unknown Pokerroom skin (Pokeroffice recognizes it as Pokerroom).

Thanks for your many replies on my first post [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
I've started serious (reads studying) playing a month ago. Before that time, I would have folded this hand right on the turn because of the scary looking board. Now, I was confused at that moment with keywords like "when the scary card comes" "big pot" "loose opponents" from SSHE. So my reaction was simply betting.
What should I do at such Moment? Folding and analyzing after the session to do it right in the future risking a pretty big pot or betting and hoping to make only one mistake winning the pot and also analyzing after the session? (What a sentence [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])
Old 09-21-2006, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
miles,

you are correct that we are not just facing random hands.

drzen,

miles's analysis is another reason why just doing a hot/cold equity calculation and going from there is insufficient.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you'll recall though that I said it's the first thing I consider. Not the last.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now, I was confused at that moment with keywords like "when the scary card comes" "big pot" "loose opponents" from SSHE. So my reaction was simply betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a matter of degree; you have to guess how likely your hand is to be good given the board, action, and of course the strength of your hand. If you changed the flop 2 to a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and made the turn the 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] you should be concerned about the possible flush, but it's still a bet. Whether to bet the K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (given the non-monotone flop) is debatable. But on a 4flush board against three opponents it's just way too likely that someone has a flush. Or a K. Or a straight. There are just too many things that beat you and too many opponents.