Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 03:12 PM

Default Re: Hi BBV

[ QUOTE ]

yes yes, but cn on why you're a legend . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

A little history lesson:

When I started posting in BBV it wasn't the thriving hub of investigative journalism and charity work you know and love today. It was a dirty, unloved corner of the 2+2 media empire. Perhaps the dirtiest and least loved corner of all. It was the place where supreme beings of 2+2 poker culture decided to banish the forbidden aspects of our cherished hobby - a holding pit for the incoherent rage and paralyzing fear and soul-crushing sadness that clouds the rational mind of the logical poker player, preventing him from dispassionately executing the Clarkmeister theorems and non-self-weighted strategies and mechanical Sklansky pop-and-lock maneuvers of the true expert.

BBV was a place where the unwashed filth of 2+2, the untouchables, could gather together and share pathetic stories of un-ending loss and math-defying bad luck, and generally wallow in the fire hydrant stream of God's urine that is poker.

And we made fun of these people. And it was good.

Then I got bored and left. But, as they say, you never leave, you can't leave. Because once you are in the game, you are in the game 4 lyfe.

So I try to put a little BBV in everything I do. It's my way of telling the world PLEASE GOD NO! NO, NOT THE FACE!

/mc
Old 11-12-2007, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's a little blurry, but read the second line of copy on that top poster - these are up all over NYC. Just a little shoutout to my old friends.

/mc

[/ QUOTE ]
Haha, sweet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too blurry. I see "any two will do"?
Old 11-12-2007, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's a little blurry, but read the second line of copy on that top poster - these are up all over NYC. Just a little shoutout to my old friends.

/mc

[/ QUOTE ]
Haha, sweet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too blurry. I see "any two will do"?

[/ QUOTE ]
Check the next line down.

And if anyone who reads Monty's last post in this thread doesn't see why he's the best ever, then this forum is truly dead.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2007, 04:18 PM

Monty have you tried BBV4L? It's a little greasy but ok if you can get half down the old gullet.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:19 PM

I still have no idea wtf is going on, but this is what we are supposed to see.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:25 PM

Location: My Avatar is Cursed for my Teams. Please don\'t curse my burger.

awesome
Old 11-12-2007, 04:28 PM

respect
Old 11-12-2007, 08:38 PM

Ok, so these posters are advertising "chainfactor.com", which has one of those little flash puzzle games you can play, it's actually pretty fun.

It also has a forum, in which someone posted this:

[ QUOTE ]
I'm trying to figure out where this came from.

1. Friday night's episode of CBS's show Numb3rs was about an MMORPG. The murders that the FBI team were solving turned out to be done by some guy who wanted to use the prize money (from this RPG) he was chasing to found a new online game called Chain Factor that would be virally embedded into mass media. One of the clues left by the perp was a chalk drawing of something that looks exactly like a Chain Factor game as shown on this website. Interestingly enough, the idea of the game as stated in the show was that it would emerge and develop on its own, rather than being created by a corporation. (More info in the master thread to this post.)

2. Based on the info in these threads, people seem to have discovered this via banner ads on websites with some sort of tie to CBS or Viacom.

3. I have found only two other references to Chain Factor through Google, and both have been posted since the Numb3rs episode aired Friday. (here and here)

Conclusion:
Chain Factor has some sort of tie to some sort of CBS marketing campaign. This amuses me given the information in the FAQ.

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

So, um...Monty works for an ad company that made these advertisements for a viral marketing campaign and managed to get a 2+2 shoutout on one of them? Is that what happened here?

If so, mad props sir.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:57 PM

WAIT ZOMG

FROM A THREAD ON THE CHAINFACTOR FORUM

[ QUOTE ]
In the spirit of collaboration, here's the one I found off Sportsline.com -- following people's suggestions here, I tried using the search page (I used "key" as the term although that could be arbitrary).

Banner ad is attached below.

Keyword: TEMPTING
Number: 182222956

I got the following email from gamesystemSPLATchainfire.com --
Quote:
Congratulations, you solved Everyone Wins, one of the locks for Lure.

Congratulations! Welcome to the Chain Factor winners circle. Thanks to our patented dynamic difficulty adjustment technology, you can bask in the satisfaction of accomplishment without having made any effort whatsoever. Now hold hands with the other players and you can all cross the finish line together.

[/ QUOTE ]

AND FROM THE CHAINFACTOR FAQ

[ QUOTE ]
Why are some powers locked? How do I unlock them?
Chain Factor is an experiment in collaborative problem solving. If you want to unlock the powers you will need to find the 36 keys. The keys are public secrets, hidden in plain sight among the visual trash of today's marketing-mad culture. Each power has 3 locks that need to be opened. Unlock a power and it becomes available for everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

AND NOW THERE'S AN AD REFERENCING BBV THAT A LONG-LOST BBV POSTER HAS COME BACK TO SHOW US

COULD THE ANSWERS BE RIGHT HERE IN B B AND V ?!?!?!?11/12I1cos(0)tan(pi/4)#$!#*! ZOMGWTFBBQ
Old 11-12-2007, 09:09 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] monty