Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 03:17 PM

Default Re: assani ruining the SE forum

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What it boils down to is that people want Assani banned because he's a disruptive influence.

[/ QUOTE ]

most ppl dont want him banned. they want him to stop with the signature crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you realize that if ditched the signature crap, he'd just find some other way(s) to annoy everyone?

I don't care if he gets banned or not. I know enough to avoid his posts like the plague.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
CC - Assani is a huge Terps fan. I think he included Dixon in an MVP poll once. To me it's just a SE forum running joke and I don't think anyone takes it too seriously.

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, yeah i'm a huge terps fan myself and I do think he is a good perimeter defender, but reading that thread I see exactly what is being talked about with the 'trolling the sports forum'. It does seem that thread was intentionally started to elicit a choatic discussion. Lol George Muresan.

Triumph,

See above, Juan Dixon and Speedy, both good players, but top 15, lol.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

matt i have had this creeping suspicion for a while now that you basically won't ban anyone for trolling unless they are a boston fan. i am starting to be absolutely convinced i am right.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you really say this when I've banned dead more times than anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think banning dead is kind of like counting twenty rolls of toilet paper as one item in the express lane [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2007, 03:28 PM

NT!,

Costco FTW. Every time I've ever bought ass wipe at a grocery store I've been self-conscious about it. Like LOLZ, this stuff is gonna be wiping my ass in the future, everyone look at me. Sort of like how I imagine women get when buying tampons. Now, go to Costco and sprinkle it among a few handles of liquor and some restaurant size bags of pasta and it basically goes unnoticed.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What it boils down to is that people want Assani banned because he's a disruptive influence.

[/ QUOTE ]

most ppl dont want him banned. they want him to stop with the signature crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:39 PM

tuq- I hate Eric Snow more than anyone. If Eric Snow is slowly strangling someone to death as we speak, I still hate Eric Snow more than that guy.

I dislike Assani's SE stuff for the intellectual dishonesty and inexplicable reverence given his opinions by other posters, but that's not a bannable offense. The trolling might be.

Here is a link to both some intellectual dishonesty and some Juan Dixon crap, which is just an unfunny one man running joke: Linky

Crucial context is a few months later when Assani was arguing that Nash was Basketball Adrian Peterson again he acted like the idea of considering pace was innovative and completely foreign to him
Old 10-30-2007, 03:41 PM

I dont read SE much, so Im curious: how much of this is him making poor posts in SE, and how much is it just the signature?
Old 10-30-2007, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont read SE much, so Im curious: how much of this is him making poor posts in SE, and how much is it just the signature?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been reading SE somewhat frequently lately, and I haven't even noticed him until these "ZOMG AF IS MAKING SE UNREADABUL" posts.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:02 PM

Part of me wants the countdown to go on because it seems to upset stabn tremendously, but +1 for ending the stupid thing.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Aside from all the onlaught and countdown stuff, which is basically him not realizing that 2p2 is not a good target for this, the reason that Assani isn't liked in SE is that he makes a lot of controversial arguments that go against the common 2p2 groupthink of solely using a few advanced statistical measures to make your point. Usually, when someone tries to argue that Brady is better than Manning, it's easy for someone like Sublime or Thayer to respond with "haha, dvoa blah blah, youre an idiot." However, that doesn't work on Assani because he is calm, relentless and attacks those numbers with at least some semblance of logic. That means that they can't shut him up, and actually have to work a little to defend their arguments as opposed to making a standard one-line insult. I'm not saying these guys aren't smart or don't know what they're talking about, but compare their feelings on Assani to the feelings of people who usually make civil, thought-out posts like Tuq and PokerFink.

[/ QUOTE ]
See that is the ideal Assani, but in reality he makes ridiculous arguments where he contradicts himself. A really good example of this is the Nash thread (I'm too lazy to dig them up because there are 893498398443948 of them). Where he argues Nash is valuable because of X and Kobe isn't valuable for the same X.