View Poll Results: This is a good idea and I smoke weed
Agree 15 46.88%
Disagree 17 53.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-30-2007, 09:36 PM

Default Re: KG traded to Celtics for Jefferson/othercrap

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
glad to see we needed another thread for this. Didn't you notice the Celtics thread has been lingering at the top the page all day? I've notified Meb to hopefully lock this up. We should keep all the discussion in one place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get over yourself. This is big enough news to warrant its own thread. Not everyone is in the habit of wading the the the Celtics thread and discussing every random schmuck in green.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah but the last 50 posts have all been on this exact topic.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:37 PM

Yeah this is definitely worthy of its own thread, people read them based on thread titles and "Celtics" isn't very helpful. That thread is fine for the homers.

Bummed for the Suns though, but at least the EC actually got better at the expense of the West for a change.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:40 PM

I for one didn't know anything about this so I'm glad for the new thread.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
glad to see we needed another thread for this. Didn't you notice the Celtics thread has been lingering at the top the page all day? I've notified Meb to hopefully lock this up. We should keep all the discussion in one place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get over yourself. This is big enough news to warrant its own thread. Not everyone is in the habit of wading the the the Celtics thread and discussing every random schmuck in green.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever, I'm just sick of the "OMG lock it if its not in the huge unwieldy OFFICIAL thread" attitude.

The official threads officially outlived their usefulness with the mammoth and unreadable NBA playoff thread. If someone can't start a fresh thread for the biggest NBA trade in years then this forum is way too uptight.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

And Mikey, you are correct, you are no basketball expert [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. That being said, the top 3-4 in the East are all pretty close.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I guess I just am shocked that adding KG will add 30 wins to a team so automatically that people are calling them favorites. The East is far behind the West for sure, but it isn't completely devoid of solid teams (Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland).

Though I just looked at the standings for last year and I guess I underestimated just how poor the East is.

[/ QUOTE ]
KG alone, probably not. KG + Allen + a Pierce who will actually play, will.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever, I'm just sick of the "OMG lock it if its not in the huge unwieldy OFFICIAL thread" attitude.

The official threads officially outlived their usefulness with the mammoth and unreadable NBA playoff thread. If someone can't start a fresh thread for the biggest NBA trade in years then this forum is way too uptight.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with both.

I wish we could copy and paste all the KG posts from there to a new thread like this one, because it does deserve its own thread, but the thread would benefit from the discussion that has already taken place.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:54 PM

they got what... a three year window right now.... they should get some role players a.s.a.p
Old 07-30-2007, 09:56 PM

they can have Nash Marion Amare Barbs, suns are in the rebuilding stage
Old 07-30-2007, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

And Mikey, you are correct, you are no basketball expert [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. That being said, the top 3-4 in the East are all pretty close.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I guess I just am shocked that adding KG will add 30 wins to a team so automatically that people are calling them favorites. The East is far behind the West for sure, but it isn't completely devoid of solid teams (Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland).

Though I just looked at the standings for last year and I guess I underestimated just how poor the East is.

[/ QUOTE ]
KG alone, probably not. KG + Allen + a Pierce who will actually play, will.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, Pierce barely played last year due to injuries (both real and tank related) plus they picked up Allen already. Adding KG gives them 3 all stars who can hopefully stay healthy. The only major piece they lost in these deals was Jefferson, they will definitely be significantly better.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:17 PM

LOL Artdogg, there's not a true Suns homer who doesn't think they can win with what they have, so I know you're BSing. Still, to have gotten KG for Marion + another rotation player (probably Diaw if MN would take him) + a pick or two would have been pretty goddamned sweet. Still glad they didn't trade Amare though...