Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2007, 12:10 PM

Default Re: $3 Million Downsizing.............

While the 1.8 million looks bad, he was still up 300k from his trip to vegas. So if you take the 1.2 million he lost online and take out the 300k he is really only down 900k which i believe still leaves him way up overall.

He has commented a lot that he invests the majority of his roll so While he may bust the ftp account ( I assume he keeps around 1 million in it. He is still plenty stable overall.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:11 PM

i agree with NickyC about the mental aspects of poker (or any sport).

too many people are taking winning for granted. they think that they can keep up their current win rate as long as there are games going on. a downswing can damage your mental game way more than it damages your bankroll, and losing the winning mindset can drop you down from "the best NLHE player in the world" to a losing player at any stakes.

after the numerous examples in top pros going busto one would think this issue would be pretty clear to the poker community, but this thread shows that it is not the case.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:13 PM

[/ QUOTE ]
He lost $2 million in 2 days. The $3 million figure refers to a longer period.

[/ QUOTE ]

It reads as "It began the last two days of live play when I lost 1.8 million dollars and has continued online by losing another 1.2 million."

I just took that as he lost 1.8 million live two days ago, so the online loss must have been within that same time frame. Reading it again however you are right I believe, the loss was over a longer period of time. Probably a week-two weeks. That's still an insanely short amount of time to lose that much money unless you're an ultra baller, which BT is not.

This is probably the biggest test BT has ever faced poker wise, and I'll be pulling for him to come out of it. I really hope he can refocus, and start crushing the games again. This is a crucial point in BT's life I believe.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
He lost $2 million in 2 days. The $3 million figure refers to a longer period.

[/ QUOTE ]

It reads as "It began the last two days of live play when I lost 1.8 million dollars and has continued online by losing another 1.2 million."

I just took that as he lost 1.8 million live two days ago, so the online loss must have been within that same time frame. Reading it again however you are right I believe, the loss was over a longer period of time. Probably a week-two weeks. That's still an insanely short amount of time to lose that much money unless you're an ultra baller, which BT is not.

This is probably the biggest test BT has ever faced poker wise, and I'll be pulling for him to come out of it. I really hope he can refocus, and start crushing the games again. This is a crucial point in luckyjimm's life I believe.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 07-23-2007, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just find it amusing how numerous know it alls on this forums have repeatedly laughed, criticized, and made fun on people who have said BT could go broke. He's the second coming of Christ, he can't lose, somebody will always back him etc. etc. So, if losing 3 million dollars in THREE days ain't losing, what is exactly?

You people just don't seem to realize this crap happens all the time. Over the years, how many internet pros who were the second coming at the time are now bust and never heard from? How many popular tourny pros over the years with millions of dollars and seemingly invincible are now being staked? How many times have you seen a pro athelete who was just dominating one year, than completely fades away. The examples of this happening are in every profession, every walk of life. What makes BT so great that he is immune to this?
People like to comment on how down to earth BT is, with no real gamboool in him. Right, within the past month or so we've seen him almost take up $300k coin flips with Sammy, start making large prop bets, Put in a $900k bluff against Bobby, and now monkey tilt away $3,000,000 in THREE days. Looks to me as if BT is going hardcore degen right in front of our eyes. It's sad to say, but all the evidence is right in front of you.

Even Sklansky saw this coming. He's often talked about how the great majority of "pros" will burn out and go bust. He said how they go on a spiral, they start losing big and their egos won't allow them to move down in limits. When they are finally forced to move down in limits due to no more monies, they try to push around solid winning players at these lower limits and get crushed due to their egos. Will be curious to see if BT can rebuild his roll if he moves down to 25/50, or if his ego takes over and he can no longer beat that game like Sklanksy said.

Seeing BT go bust sucks real bad and I hope he pulls out of it. However, saying BT could never go bust, as we see now, is complete nonsense. He's no more immune from the busto than anyone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this [censored] post belongs in the comments section of his blog
Old 07-23-2007, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

5) Sitting in chairs is very uncomfortable. Playing online is nice because I take my laptop and sit out on my patio. While live you are confined to one place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, if I was playing for 1MM/session I would be concerned that someone was physically spying on me. Is it completely paranoid to think that someone would take it upon themselves to pay a visit to SB and try to peep Brian's holecards?
Old 07-23-2007, 12:19 PM

lol................. rooting for you luckyjim

gl brian!
Old 07-23-2007, 12:20 PM

3M is probably around 50 buyins for him right? damn thats sick man sry to hear that
Old 07-23-2007, 12:24 PM

Brian's definition of downswing and the definition normally used is completely different. He won the 2.2 million live, and then lost it in a few days. Most people would say "I broke even for the week," but as Brian puts it, he categorizes everything that he loses as a downswing. Most people's definition of a downswing is losing buyins from a fixed source, but Brian classifies this fixed source as anything won at any point in time. He's basically where he was at less than a month ago.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just find it amusing how numerous know it alls on this forums have repeatedly laughed, criticized, and made fun on people who have said BT could go broke. He's the second coming of Christ, he can't lose, somebody will always back him etc. etc. So, if losing 3 million dollars in THREE days ain't losing, what is exactly?

You people just don't seem to realize this crap happens all the time. Over the years, how many internet pros who were the second coming at the time are now bust and never heard from? How many popular tourny pros over the years with millions of dollars and seemingly invincible are now being staked? How many times have you seen a pro athelete who was just dominating one year, than completely fades away. The examples of this happening are in every profession, every walk of life. What makes BT so great that he is immune to this?
People like to comment on how down to earth BT is, with no real gamboool in him. Right, within the past month or so we've seen him almost take up $300k coin flips with Sammy, start making large prop bets, Put in a $900k bluff against Bobby, and now monkey tilt away $3,000,000 in THREE days. Looks to me as if BT is going hardcore degen right in front of our eyes. It's sad to say, but all the evidence is right in front of you.

Even Sklansky saw this coming. He's often talked about how the great majority of "pros" will burn out and go bust. He said how they go on a spiral, they start losing big and their egos won't allow them to move down in limits. When they are finally forced to move down in limits due to no more monies, they try to push around solid winning players at these lower limits and get crushed due to their egos. Will be curious to see if BT can rebuild his roll if he moves down to 25/50, or if his ego takes over and he can no longer beat that game like Sklanksy said.

Seeing BT go bust sucks real bad and I hope he pulls out of it. However, saying BT could never go bust, as we see now, is complete nonsense. He's no more immune from the busto than anyone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFTMFT ride on!!