Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2007, 03:36 PM

Default this one was @#$%^&ed...25/50 set on a one card straight board...

Villian in the hand is chsgoldy, a 24/15/1.5 regular winner. This one was kind of spooky, all around. I'm not even sure if I like my flop bet on the hand, but I am betting this flop with a very wide range so I guess it's not terrible. Here is where the hand gets interesting. He crs. A lot of the time I am just folding this flop and moving on, but with my gutty and the flush draw on board I thought I might be ahead of his range (especially since I have the blockers), so I called. When he checks this turn, I am pretty sure he doesn't have that strong of a hand. However, I can't see any point in betting this turn...anyone disagree.

The river is the most interesting street however. FD misses, I set up, one card straight on board. He checks?? WTF??? Does anyone like a value bet? I bet. Then he CRAI. I can't really see him having 87 here so wtf?

Advice on all streets welcome, the whole hand felt very odd to me, and I was extremely confused when he checked to me on the river.

thanks,
dlpnyc21

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $25/$50
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $11693.50
Hero: $5597
CO: $7903
Button: $1581
SB: $8306
BB: $5714.50

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $175</font>, 2 folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($400, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $325</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $950</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($2300, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($2300, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1400</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises all-in $7181</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero???????????
Old 06-20-2007, 05:46 PM

Default Re: this one was @#$%^&ed...25/50 set on a one card straight board...

I'd vomit and fold...but I'd also prob check the river
Old 06-20-2007, 06:09 PM

His line looks so bluffy and there is a chance he could be value betting a worse hand, so I call.

Would a 7 really check this river? I doubt it, since you probably check behind a large majority of your range.

I also like the idea of checking the flop.

D
Old 06-20-2007, 06:43 PM

I bet the turn just to take it down, and because im not sure whether I have the best hand or not.

Dunno if that's the optimal play here though.

River i'd do as crablar, vomit and fold. I always bet the river as you.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:50 PM

I like the flop bet as well as the turn check.

On the river, I am probably checking behind just to avoid the spot that you're now in. I think it's a good play to check the river on his part if he has 7xcc or QTcc or a hand like that. Those are the only two hands that I'd worry about since it really seems that he'd bet the turn with any other holding like a set, straight or 2 pair to protect his hand.

I don't think that he'd value shove a hand like 55, 66 or even 99 here. It seems like this is one of those hands where he's got a straight or a busted flush draw almsot all of the time.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:14 PM

call it down, you only have 110BB to start and I can't see how any 7 made this play besides A7s...
Old 06-20-2007, 07:34 PM

River is 100% bet, He's hardly ever getting credit for the straight so id be thinking how often am i bet/folding this river( whether it be value-bet/fold or bluff) If you try to take away alot of pots i call and if not i fold.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:44 PM

i play the exactly the same

as far as the river i think it goes either way really easily but i think more often then not im calling this, i can only see this action w/ A7cc and QTcc... but with a read history etc this becomes easier-anyway good hand i dont really care about the results but what did u end up doing?
Old 06-20-2007, 08:05 PM

I think I call a river check-raise almost every time the turn is checked through. How can he plan a cr if he shouldn't expect you to bet. But maybe your image comes into play here, do you check behind on the turn a lot for control or do you double barrel more often?
Old 06-20-2007, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I call a river check-raise almost every time the turn is checked through. How can he plan a cr if he shouldn't expect you to bet. But maybe your image comes into play here, do you check behind on the turn a lot for control or do you double barrel more often?

[/ QUOTE ]

why does this plan or whatever have to be construed before the river? he could have been shooting for clubs st8d it instead...id cr this river against a good player for value with any straight and maybe the higher sets