Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2007, 08:54 PM

Default Anyone up for a Weight Loss Challenge?

Sorry if this has been posted before, I must have missed it. Any other folks out there just beginning to get into health & fitness and need to lose some weight? I'd love to get a group together where we can have a fun weight loss challenge over the next 3 months. I don't care if we all throw in $5, or some cheap amount, and the winner gets it or we use it for bragging rights. Just so we keep it fun and low pressure and use it to motivate each other.

A little about me: I'm 27, I'm in absolutely terrible shape and am finally really ready to change. I'm 6'1" 275lbs [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I'm reading as much as I can and planning on starting a clean diet and regular exercise at the beginning of May (to give me time to find a gym/home weights, decide exactly what I am going to eat, go shopping, etc.) Anyway, hopefully others are ready to start getting in to shape with me and we can gogogo to ripped'dom.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:30 AM

Default Re: Anyone up for a Weight Loss Challenge?

5'9" 212 lbs. I want to be leaner by summer. I'm going to set my first goal at 195 lbs. If I get there, I'll set another. That's only 17 lbs though. I'm up for a small wager.

I would suggest the Rippetoe workout that many here (including myself) are doing. It's perfect for beginners. Are you able to sprint? Jog?

Also, start NOW. The hardest part is starting, by a mile. Go for a hard walk, light jog, something.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:52 AM

Default Re: Anyone up for a Weight Loss Challenge?

Yeah man, you should start now. There's no excuse for waiting a week. Just eat at home, only eat meals where you know how many calories you're eating. Eat 2k cals/day, no more and you will lose weight, especially with exercise.