Our Plucky Hero: $63.45
MP1: $10
MP2: $49.25
MP3: $33.80
CO: $39.05
Button: $115.05
SB: $55.45
BB: $11.65

Pre-flop: (9 players) Our Plucky Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, Our Plucky Hero calls, 2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, 2 folds, 2 folds, BB checks.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($2.25, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $2.25</font>, Our Plucky Hero calls, <font color="#cc0000">MP3 raises to $4.5</font>, 2 folds...

Is this a good spot to push? Or at least do a big raise? I'd like to take a page from Super System, but I may have difficulty locating the proper spots.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:51 AM

Default Re: 50NL - Double Gutter

If he made a raise worth talking about here, then pushing might be an okay play, so long as you have a read saying he is capable of folding middle pair or something like that.

With this tiny raise, you're getting sick odds to call and try to hit a straight. Why not just take them and call rather than coming over the top?

Also, I don't get why you're making a PSB on the flop. You're trying to steal here... the goal is to do that by risking the smallest amount possible.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:56 AM

Post this in the full ring forum.

Meh, I think this would be a pretty thin push, since you only have somewhere between 8 and 12 outs. I'd like it a little better with a diamond on the flop for little bit of extra equity a BDFD might bring.

You're getting pot odds to call the turn and reevaluate, and your equity will change significantly. I'd just call.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:13 PM

the way your hand plays screams 'i have a draw.' this obviously kills a lot the FE that makes these semibluff pushes so lucrative. i like double gutters as much as the next guy, but having them on boards like this can set you up in some bad spots equity wise. I would take on off and probably fold to any reasonable sized turned bet assuming we dont get there.

also, fold PF, you are too early and you hand is too weak to play esp oop. also, you might try the full ring forum for these 9max hands.