Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2007, 11:18 AM

Default 50NL - AQ on A77 vs big bet

Hey folks. I play mostly home games, but I'm trying to get used to online.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
7 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $98.10
UTG+1: $62.05
Hero Mints: $52.30
CO: $44.75
Button: $51.35
SB: $48.45
BB: $32.90

Pre-flop: (7 players) Hero Mints is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero Mints raises to $1.75</font>, 3 folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($5.5, 3 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero Mints bets $3</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($11.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $10</font>...

Is this an easy fold? I'm never sure what to do against big bets. They tend to be value bets but of course I fear being bluffed. Still, I think this hand is too weak to continue. Is my thinking right?
Old 09-02-2007, 12:08 PM

Default Re: 50NL - AQ on A77 vs big bet

omg please dont fold. its a pretty wa/wb situation, so call the turn and call river or valuebet if checked to. you lead fairly weak on the flop, so others may think their Ax is good. You have A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] so that hurts the chances hes leading w/ a flush draw on the turn, but you never know.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:19 PM

id RR him on the turn to prob 20$, if he calls you c/f the river, if he Raises you then unless you have a read on him you can easy fold...my personal point is to extract info on former streets since on later it gets more expensive...

Imo if you follow this line you cancel his draw bluffs, you get pretty much anything to fold except a 7, but i think pot control dictates that you want to play a small pot with TPTK in this situation and really i see a 17-18$ bet on the river from villain that could possibly make you fold if a spade hits and villain likes to bluff...or he has Ax and will vbet again for a similar amount on the river if a dead card comes by and again your in a rough spot....if you do not raise him on the turn i suggest you fold on the river if he bets
Old 09-02-2007, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
id RR him on the turn to prob 20$, if he calls you c/f the river, if he Raises you then unless you have a read on him you can easy fold...my personal point is to extract info on former streets since on later it gets more expensive...

Imo if you follow this line you cancel his draw bluffs, you get pretty much anything to fold except a 7, but i think pot control dictates that you want to play a small pot with TPTK in this situation and really i see a 17-18$ bet on the river from villain that could possibly make you fold if a spade hits and villain likes to bluff...or he has Ax and will vbet again for a similar amount on the river if a dead card comes by and again your in a rough spot....if you do not raise him on the turn i suggest you fold on the river if he bets

[/ QUOTE ]

Please Please Please don't do this. Call turn and call/valuebet a reasonable river because of the aforementioned WA/WB situation.