Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2007, 10:03 PM

Default Letter from Rep.\"Dutch\" (D-MD)

Particularly like his wording of the concerns...Dutch fails to use the old "buzz" word of money laundering,minors or crime...Also like the way he says "the best way to regulate"...

This is a reply I sent from the PPA web site..Dutch failed to reply to my e-mail about the Frank bill...Will send e-mails in regard to the Frank and Wexler Bills again...

This letter acknowledges receipt of your communication regarding internet gambling.

H.R. 2140, the Internet Gambling Study Act, would authorize a study by the National Academy of Sciences to identify the proper response of the federal government to the growth of Internet gambling. The Internet Gambling Study Act was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary, the Committee on Financial Services, and the Committee on Ways and Means.

Internet gambling is a fast growing industry; however, concerns have been raised about its social and economic impacts. I cosponsored the Internet Gambling Study Act because Congress needs to understand the current state, tribal, and international laws governing Internet gambling before instituting federal regulations. I believe having good data from a reputable, independent, and scholarly study is essential for Congress to make an informed judgment about the best ways to regulate Internet gambling.

I appreciate hearing your views on this matter. Please do not hesitate to contact me again in the future if you have any questions or comments. To receive additional information about issues that are facing congress, Maryland and the nation that may affect you and your community, please visit my website at www.dutch.house.gov and sign up for my periodic e-mail newsletter.

Sincerely,

C.A. Dutch Ruppersberger
Member of Congress

Perhaps we should have a master thread for responses from congressmen and others...