Seat 3: Button ( $24.65)
Seat 4: Hero (SB) ( $34)
Seat 5: BB ( $41.18)
Seat 6: UTG ( $25.42)

Hero posts small blind ($0.10)
BB posts big blind ($0.25)
MP posts big blind ($0.25)
CO posts big blind ($0.25)

Preflop: Hero is dealt [ J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ]

UTG calls ($0.25), MP checks, CO checks, Button folds, Hero calls ($0.15), BB checks.

Flop ($1.25) : [ K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ]
<font color="red"> Hero bets ($0.75) </font> , BB calls ($0.75), UTG calls ($0.75), MP folds, CO calls ($0.75)

Turn ($4.25) : [ K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ] [ A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ]
Hero checks, <font color="red"> BB bets ($0.75) </font> , UTG calls ($0.75), CO calls ($0.75), <font color="red"> Hero raises to ($4) </font> BB folds, UTG folds, CO calls ($3.25)

River ($13.75) : [ K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ] [ A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ] [ 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ]
<font color="red"> Hero bets ($9) </font>

Comments on all streets welcomed. Wasn't overly keen on the river but thought I was probably still good. No reads either.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:08 AM

Default Re: NL25, turned straight, line check

1. bet more on flop..
2. bet turn, and IF you are c/r it, then make it a bigger amount..
Old 08-18-2007, 11:50 AM

Do we really like leading into 4 opponents with an oesd on the flop? I mean, there is zero chance you are folding everyone on that board so it just seems to me that you are charging yourself for your draw. It's also a really sucky spot if someone raises it up. As played, I'm trying to get more in on the turn. I don't really mind going for the c/r as the A is very likely to have hit someone, but I'm making a slightly less than pot sized raise, probably around $7 to go. Then you can bet more on the river.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:50 AM

bet the turn
Old 08-18-2007, 11:59 AM

I would c/c flop.
Donk turn for little less than pot.
Bet river for 1/2 pot or maybe a bit more, if I think villain will pay me off with 2 pair I will shove.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:20 PM

Bet $2-$3 on the turn, a cr will make some players fold. Since you have the nut straight you should bet to get more money in the pot, but not so much that everyone else folds.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:38 PM

Yes, c/c flop. You have no FE against this many opponents and if the turn blanks off you'll be in a tough spot. It's not like a T9x flop against 2 villains where you have a lot more equity and a good reason to build a pot even if called.

Bet turn (you can consider c/r if you c/c flop, depending on action) once you hit. C/r just gives away your hand as a real monster. That's a great card, it could easily give one of your villains with Ax 2pr that they'll raise with.

Your c/r is also a bit on the small side. Someone there almost certainly picked up a bd flush draw -- that many callers it's almost certain. 3 bucks into a pot of 10 certainly gives them the odds to call with position, and it gets better for them the later they are and if there are other callers.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do we really like leading into 4 opponents with an oesd on the flop? I mean, there is zero chance you are folding everyone on that board so it just seems to me that you are charging yourself for your draw. It's also a really sucky spot if someone raises it up. As played, I'm trying to get more in on the turn. I don't really mind going for the c/r as the A is very likely to have hit someone, but I'm making a slightly less than pot sized raise, probably around $7 to go. Then you can bet more on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, youre completely right.... DON'T BET flop here..

what I meant was, as played, bet flop more, but normally, DONT BET FLOP here..

and DEF. bet turn for $4-ish here and hope for a raise [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2007, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, youre completely right.... DON'T BET flop here..

what I meant was, as played, bet flop more, but normally, DONT BET FLOP here..

and DEF. bet turn for $4-ish here and hope for a raise [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I actually agree with you 100% on the turn lead. A c/r is bad and I was just plain wrong about it being an okay option. It's bad because there is no guarantee that someone will bet the turn and it also pretty much turns our hand face up.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:45 PM

I agree with other on flop, just c/c. I don't like the c/r on turn as it would suck giving someone a free shot at backdoor flush if checked through. Also, you want to build the pot and that's a great turn card to do that with as someone might have hit their Ax two pair.