Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 05:25 PM

Default Re: favorite stadium songs?

Zombie Nation as mentioned, I really like the Jump Jump thing Wisconsin does(I experience involuntary childlike joy whenever a camera high in the stadium starts shaking due to crowd noise), Hang on Sloopy obviously.

All the baseball ones mentioned so far are unbearably cheesy. John Denver sucks almost as much as everything even loosely affiliated with the New York Yankees.

Not a song, but I also love the drum guy at Indians' games.

Also, bravo to everyone for completely ignoring the OP's question(he wanted the random "jock jams" stadium guys use to pump up the crowd, not stadium specific songs that are cool).
Old 10-02-2007, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Its prepackaged garbage. When a team/fans latch on to a song that isn't necessarily about sports its usually cool. When fans start falling for crap that was written specifically to pander to them it sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you are not old enough to remember the 1984 season. I'm also going to guess that you do not know a Steve Goodman song other than 'Go Cubs Go'.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know a thing about him. The song sucks. I find it particularly objectionable because Wrigley has alway kept music to a minimum other than having an organist.

I was young in 84, I definitely remember Durham being the prototype Buckner though.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Its prepackaged garbage. When a team/fans latch on to a song that isn't necessarily about sports its usually cool. When fans start falling for crap that was written specifically to pander to them it sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you are not old enough to remember the 1984 season. I'm also going to guess that you do not know a Steve Goodman song other than 'Go Cubs Go'.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

For a quick education on steve goodman

To understand his love for the Cubs
Old 10-02-2007, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

[/ QUOTE ]
Song still sucks.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

[/ QUOTE ]
Song still sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you from Chicago?
Old 10-02-2007, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

[/ QUOTE ]
Song still sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you from Chicago?

[/ QUOTE ]
Indiana, Lived in Chicago during college though and have been to about 100 cubs games in my lifetime.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I went to a Packer pre-season game this year, there was a song with no words, just a kickass beat and a guitar that would play something and the crowd in the song would yell it back. I've heard it in the background of the stadium while watching a game on TV too. Anyone know what this song is called/who it's by?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. This is awesome. And they're yelling "GO PACK GO". It would work awesome for any one syllable team nickname

The Gators men's basketball team does their starting lineups to U2's "Where the Streets Have No Name". It's better than you think.

Whenever anyone plays Kernkraft 4000 by Zombie Nation (they are "singing" the band's name, not the song's name), I automatically think of Penn State.

Other songs I'm tired of:
Soulja Boy -- Crank That (yeah, already -- who's going to do it better than Texas?
AC/DC -- Thunderstruck
The Hockey Song (hate it so much)
Old 10-02-2007, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not a song, but I also love the drum guy at Indians' games.

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy makes me want to watch games with the TV muted.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Hockey Song (hate it so much)

[/ QUOTE ]

By Warren Zevon? Which team plays this? I love this song.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:40 PM

Wisconsin Badger games have two awesome ones - "Jump Around" and "Buttercup Baby"