Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2005, 04:50 PM

Default Re: DERB

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm clearly invisible, or is there a forum standard to not reply to any of my replies? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

41.65%

mine is 41.98...

sick i tell you, sick.

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

I just wanted to check Nate's BB/100 calcs based on the stats:

BB/100 = (.753 * VPIP) - (.0102 * (VPIP^2)) + (.435 * W$SD) + (.658 * W$WSF) - 56.12

His comes out to about 6.4457BB/100

Pretty silly, although I don't know what the outcome of Nate's formula was! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-03-2005, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'm clearly invisible, or is there a forum standard to not reply to any of my replies?

[/ QUOTE ]

i have his W$WSF at about 42

[/ QUOTE ]

My W$WSF in the 30/60 is 44.7 with a W$SD just over 52, although I've been running well in that game myself. Your W$WSF should be pretty high in this game since so many pots are contested 2- and 3-handed.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
RE: The lotto winner comment.

Exactly. Read this post if you are a non-believer.

a 2+2 lottery winner

We don't see the guys with these numbers who come in with 10k and go bust. Most of them go bust at 2/4. Some people have the roll and get lucky, that's poker guys.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

ok so its a conditional probability if you break it down in 10k # of hands up to 100K...

what is the pr(winning at a rate of 3bb/100 given DERB's stats)=Pr(Derb) for A=10k hands. B=next 10khands. up to J=last 10k hands.

so the Pr(Derb|{A-J}) is what we're lookin for...and i'll tell ya thats definately lottery winner style probability.

-Barron
Old 05-03-2005, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'm clearly invisible, or is there a forum standard to not reply to any of my replies?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My W$WSF in the 30/60 is 44.7 with a W$SD just over 52, although I've been running well in that game myself. Your W$WSF should be pretty high in this game since so many pots are contested 2- and 3-handed.

[/ QUOTE ]

well now i see where i need to improve abit...maybe i'll move to the HUSH forum for a while...either that or stop being your slot machine.

44% is real good nate....im at 41.98.

-Barron
Old 05-03-2005, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well now i see where i need to improve abit...maybe i'll move to the HUSH forum for a while...either that or stop being your slot machine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm at like 40% in full-handed 15/30 games so I'm sure it will come down some.

One thing is that I basically never open-limp in the 30, which should result in a higher W$WSF.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:21 PM

Default Re: AFTER THIS POST, I\'M FINISHED WITH 2+2.

[ QUOTE ]
yea, im a dork

[/ QUOTE ]

I have had a long discussion with my 18 year old son about the differences between geeks, nerds and dorks.

Based upon that, Barron you are a geek not a dork. For what it's worth, being a geek is way, way better than being a dork.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One thing is that I basically never open-limp in the 30, which should result in a higher W$WSF.

[/ QUOTE ]

so i should stop limping 77 UTG? ... and 55 when the game looks good...you raise 77 that far outa position?

its too good to fold and i like limpers...i need to adjust pf strategy for this game i think so im ALWAYS raising utg, apparantly...

what about JTs (i limp 100% with it in the 15 game but only do so when the game doesn't look totally aggressive now...but then again, i dont lrr enough so limping should be inherently bad)

-Barron
Old 05-03-2005, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so i should stop limping 77 UTG? ... and 55 when the game looks good...you raise 77 that far outa position?

its too good to fold and i like limpers...i need to adjust pf strategy for this game i think so im ALWAYS raising utg, apparantly...

what about JTs (i limp 100% with it in the 15 game but only do so when the game doesn't look totally aggressive now...but then again, i dont lrr enough so limping should be inherently bad)

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no fundamental problem with open-raising 77 or JTs from anywhere on the table depending on the usual things.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

a 2+2 lottery winner

We don't see the guys with these numbers who come in with 10k and go bust. Most of them go bust at 2/4. Some people have the roll and get lucky, that's poker guys.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

James,
I feel it's more likely that Poker Paul had forged his database results by purging his losing sessions, which is very easy to do in PT. He may not have been the "lottery winner" that his winrate would suggest he was.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

a 2+2 lottery winner

-James

[/ QUOTE ]

James,
I feel it's more likely that Poker Paul had forged his database results by purging his losing sessions, which is very easy to do in PT. He may not have been the "lottery winner" that his winrate would suggest he was.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to believe him because he came back a few weeks later complaining about 280 bb downswing, which seemed pretty honest. Obviously there is no way to tell for sure.
-James