Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 11-29-2007, 06:01 PM

Default Re: Pokerstars 5,400 FPP sng satellite to the Sunday Million

I love these too, and it's what I pour my FPP into. They were better before they went turbo, they're much more of a crapshoot now.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They seems to have pretty high variance, but good value imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

high variance?
4 out of 10 get a seat.
I mean, yeah you can go 10 straight and only win 1 or 2 i guess. But I really don't think this structure is high-variance.

If it was instead 1 in 10 wins $860 or 1 in 20 wins $1720 or something like that then I would view them as high variance.

They are definitely different types of SNG's though and some interpretation of situations needs to be undertaken.
It's not just about your specific EV on a particular hand when on the bubble. It's about reading the whoe situation. Even if you are shortest stack it can sometimes be prudent to wait and see if someone else decides to go crazy with AQ and knock themselves out.
Obviously getting a monster chip-lead has far less value than in most tourney situations because 4th place pays the same as 1st.

Maybe I've just run well in the handful of these that I've played and that will inevitably lead to cockyness and that I've somehow figured them all out completely.
But there have been very few of these that I've played where I've considered the field to be 'tough'. Lots of mistakes, that probably aren't so terrible in a regular SNG but really stick out in the different pay-structure of these SNG's.

[/ QUOTE ]

The ones ive played in, everyone plays so god damn slow, and is so freaking nitty, that after like 15 hands no one has lost any significant amount of chips, and the blinds are high enough that its push/fold poker. Even tho it seems everyone is terrible, you are still going to get busted out 5 thru 10 alot when your 70/30 coinflip (this is stars) misses.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I love these things since I rule at coming in 4th in SNG.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

vnh sir
Old 11-29-2007, 06:19 PM

[quote
I typically get over 5400 FPP's more days than not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am planning on moving to Stars after the first of the year and have been doing some math in advance. You are saying that you get 5400 FPP's on most days that you play? What do you play if you don't mind telling me (you probably already have). That just seems like a crazy amount of points for one day. If my math works that would mean that if you played 5 days a week you would by SNE and have a bunch of points left.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:23 PM

FPP's are not VPP's.
You are confusing the two.

I get 3.5x FPP's as a supernova.
So about 1500 VPP's will get me 5400 FPP's.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The ones ive played in, everyone plays so god damn slow, and is so freaking nitty, that after like 15 hands no one has lost any significant amount of chips, and the blinds are high enough that its push/fold poker. Even tho it seems everyone is terrible, you are still going to get busted out 5 thru 10 alot when your 70/30 coinflip (this is stars) misses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alobar - while much of that is true I also believe you are partly making my point for me. Yes, players get nitty and rag it out. But I think many push/fold decisions that are almost automatic pushes in a regular tourney because of your low M become big mistakes with this kind of payout.

I'm far from an SNG expert or anything and I've probably just been running hot. But I think some pretty bad mistakes are made in these things even by the ones who aren't shoving in the opening level with KJ or whatever.
The payout really turns everything on its head and I think it quickly becomes correct to pass up +EV calls in order to ensure survival.
Even when you're down to 3-5 BB's or whatever it might not be insta-shove time. Especially since the ante's will not have kicked-in at all giving you better opportunities to pseudo-wait it out. Not all the time of course.

But I do acknowledge that I haven't exactly run any math on this stuff and mayhe my theories are -EV and I've just been running hot.
I've won an awful lot of these when I've been the short-stack or close to it with 5 or 6 players left. And at points like that whether short or big stacked I think it can play almost the exact opposite of a regular SNG in some ways. People make adjustments...but sometimes it's too much and sometimes it's not enough.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:28 PM

This is where 90%+ of my fpps go.

I've been running v well in them so I'm probably biased, but in my opinion there's no better use of points.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:36 PM

i tried the 5400 fpp sng sat once
it seem that every one on my table was sooo tight
most of them were like 5-15 VPIP
everyone was so afraid of busting out , LOL

i spent most of my FPPs on books (which i now have almost all 'readable' books from the VIP store)
i make about 25k FPP a month, anyone can give me some advise on where i should be spending my FPP on?
Old 11-29-2007, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FPP's are not VPP's.
You are confusing the two.

I get 3.5x FPP's as a supernova.
So about 1500 VPP's will get me 5400 FPP's.

[/ QUOTE ]

ahhhh - that makes sense. Thanks