Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 11:16 PM

Default Re: If you are feeling bad about yourself, read this

I was not not levelling FWIW. Getting a full-time 40hr/week job that pays decently with an opportunity to advance is a better alternative than wasting money on school when you aren't motivated to work at it.

Not everyone is meant to go to college and go work at some cubicle job and make $80K+ a year like most people want to.

I respect managers at retail/food stores just as much, if not more than some hot shot investment banker. If school really isn't your thing it really isn't the end of the world...
Old 11-26-2007, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was not not levelling FWIW. Getting a full-time 40hr/week job that pays decently with an opportunity to advance is a better alternative than wasting money on school when you aren't motivated to work at it.

Not everyone is meant to go to college and go work at some cubicle job and make $80K+ a year like most people want to.

I respect managers at retail/food stores just as much, if not more than some hot shot investment banker. If school really isn't your thing it really isn't the end of the world...

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry, my Level Detector is usually running good.

And you're right, a college degree is not the universal solution.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:06 AM

Location: Clinging to the binomial theorem like a drunk to a lamppost

[ QUOTE ]
Serious response:

It's possible that you suffer from depression, or have some other type of affliction. You should really see a doctor and get checked out. It sounds like you want to do things, but just have a hard time when it comes to the actual doing.

Good luck pal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was halfway thinking this myself. A depression screening might not be a bad idea.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:54 PM

I was feeling [censored] about how much I've been a lazy [censored] this year, and then the OP made me feel a lot better. Thankssss
Old 11-27-2007, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You honestly skipped a test because you didn't do the reading? Did you not go to class either? Shouldn't you be able to get SOME points just by guessing?

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely did this in college.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You honestly skipped a test because you didn't do the reading? Did you not go to class either? Shouldn't you be able to get SOME points just by guessing?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So did I, and it's pretty common.

OP, school isn't for everyone. Why are you even going to community college? What is the reasoning?
Old 11-27-2007, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So did I, and it's pretty common.

OP, school isn't for everyone. Why are you even going to community college? What is the reasoning?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because my family is low income and I need to get ahead to help em out. BTW I skipped the test because I was so embarrased that I did not know any of the material and I had talked to my teacher and told him I had put my procrastination behind me. I am not one to ignore my problem I know it is killing me and it makes me feel awful.

I have hit such a low point I wish I was at the point I was last semester, which was doing homework till late hours in the morning before it is due. Now I don't even do that! I do nothing! I have hit such a low point my wish is to at least let me go back to being a "bad" procrastinator and not a degenerate one with no hope like I am now.

With my low GPA I probably won't be able to get into my local uni (which is competitive), I can't afford to pay out of state tuition, my parents can't help me because they are low income. Basically it means that if I get declined in march when they're supposed to tell me if im in, ill probably stay in community college even more time or pack my bags and just go whatever my car takes me. I can't afford to drive to the state next door so I might have to take a train but I still gotta make the car payments, which means getting a job right away since I got no savings to live off and pay the car. I have become such a procrastinator I don't even play poker anymore. On a good day I would make $30-40 a day which is peanuts but for a busted down guy like me anything helps.

I am totally screwed. I am facing a Kobayashi Maru scenario.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:58 PM

It seems that you have this implication that you are bound to college and must finish it now.

I know plenty of people who have dropped out and gone into the work force because they were just wasting their time and money in college. Some of them eventually went back and finished their degree. But the fact is that each of them found something they enjoy doing and are happy with their lives.

The objective in life is to find something you enjoy. Things that one may perceive as work, you perceive as fun because you enjoy doing it. If this requires you to temporarily withdraw from college to find it, then do it. But don't piss your life away because you're a lazy ass bum. Suck it up and make something of yourself.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:52 PM

U are just plain Lazy, Lazy and Lazy
What is so tough going to school , taking lessons, doing homework and etc??
do u know u are PAYING SCHOOL FEES to study??? u should be glad u are still young and still having those wonderful school days.
Must u wait till u grow up to be a real adult then will u realise that u are PAID TO WORK.

If life as a working adult is hell , life as a student must be heaven

U only live life once, u know what u should do and just start doing it now~
Old 11-28-2007, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Must u wait till u grow up to be a real adult then will u realise that u are PAID TO WORK.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]