Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2007, 09:39 PM

Default Does Table Image Make things easier or harder?

I have been on a good roll since I hit the 5c/10c but it seems that my roll makes it harder for ppl to call me when I have a good hand...first time I bet they fold...I even try slow playing it and they check along? any advice or do IO just switch tables?
Old 03-10-2007, 10:47 PM

Default Re: Does Table Image Make things easier or harder?

How does your roll make it harder for people to call? Do you play with the same people every day? Do you announce at each table "Ahem, I just want to let everyone know that I've won 9.8PTBB/100 for the last 10,000 hands. I am TAG"? Are you playing limit or nl?

Okay, general advice:

Switching tables is fine.
Play at a different time of day when more fish are on.
Bluff. Not every hand, but enough so you occasionally get called/raised and everyone knows you'll raise with air.
Don't have a picture of a rock or a nit as your avatar.
Buy in with less than a full stack. Sometimes people are more willing to play with you if they know they can call an all in without busting their own stack. (stupid, but true)
Old 03-12-2007, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Play at a different time of day when more fish are on.
Bluff. Not every hand, but enough so you occasionally get called/raised and everyone knows you'll raise with air.

[/ QUOTE ]

good advice. most fish: i think around 6-9 PM. many just got home from work after being yelled at by their boss, fear of losing job. those r the best.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:14 AM

As long as you play good I can only see how you should ignore this inconvenience and keep playing aggressively against your opponents. In the time, you'll meet players who will call you and the good part is: You'll learn to find these people.

Yesterday I picked up AA 5-6 times in about an hour and a half and the largest pot I won was about 12 cent. I tried different tactics but I never allowed someone to draw on me. I know that if I do this every time, I'll eventually meet someone who is bad enough to play along with me.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:37 AM

Lol cool everyone thanx for the advice...I have been doing pretty well and in about a little less then 2 weeks have grown my bankroll of $24 to $52 and have moved from the 2c/4c tables to the 5c/10c tables and soon will have the 300BB for the 10c/20c...Thanks for all of yer help folks...