Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2006, 05:25 AM

Default hand

villain here is ACE. he is asian. he is a regular in the 15 and 30 games. i have seen him cold call 4bets preflop with A4o. he can play decently when he wants to. he can also get spazztardy. he knows me and likely views me as TAG.

canterbury 15/30 9 handed
horrible UTG limps, Ace raises, 1 bad player cold-calls, SB calls, I call in the BB with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], UTG calls.

flop 5 ways for 10SB: J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I check, UTG checks, ACE bets, folds to me and I RAISE, UTG folds, ACE 3bets, I call.

Turn HU 8BB: J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet, ACE calls.

River: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I bet......
Old 06-17-2006, 05:37 AM

Default Re: hand

he could be raiseing with such a wide variety of things right? im pretty sure i would donk bet here but think he had the J or nothing. hands that are eating me are QJ KJ AJ maybe JT? hands i beat are A anything else.......... maybe he was hoping A high is good and hes not on his game......
Old 06-17-2006, 06:05 AM

If you are betting the river as a bluff (meaning you think after the flop action he can beat a jack) I'd checkraise the turn.

-DeathDonkey
Old 06-17-2006, 06:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are betting the river as a bluff (meaning you think after the flop action he can beat a jack) I'd checkraise the turn.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

so, if he checks the turn behind, are you just giving up?
Old 06-17-2006, 07:12 AM

Not sure I'm giving up..I mean that helps the chance that our hand is best right? Though we do give a free card, which isn't fun. If he checks behind then I probably check river too thinking he can't call me with anything and if he bets there I'm going to have a tougher decision. You would know better than me if he would ever bluff on the end after you show all that weakness. I just think if you take the line you took and you believe you are bluffing, that its pretty bad, because it sure as hell looks like you are getting called down, so the question is only is that a good thing or a bad thing.

-DeathDonkey
Old 06-17-2006, 07:35 AM

this seems ok to me, but if hes the type that i have to call down a raise here agianst, i might check the turn, if he checks behind, you have to bet the river

also, i would absolutely not consider the river bet a bluff
Old 06-17-2006, 08:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure I'm giving up..I mean that helps the chance that our hand is best right? Though we do give a free card, which isn't fun. If he checks behind then I probably check river too thinking he can't call me with anything and if he bets there I'm going to have a tougher decision. You would know better than me if he would ever bluff on the end after you show all that weakness. I just think if you take the line you took and you believe you are bluffing, that its pretty bad, because it sure as hell looks like you are getting called down, so the question is only is that a good thing or a bad thing.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

well, i really wasn't sure if i was getting called down. he didn't look thrilled when i bet the turn, and if i'm gonna make this play i gotta give him a chance to fold the river.
Old 06-17-2006, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this seems ok to me, but if hes the type that i have to call down a raise here agianst, i might check the turn, if he checks behind, you have to bet the river

also, i would absolutely not consider the river bet a bluff

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't but I'm certain Bob did.

-DeathDonkey
Old 06-17-2006, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

well, i really wasn't sure if i was getting called down. he didn't look thrilled when i bet the turn, and if i'm gonna make this play i gotta give him a chance to fold the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he wasn't thrilled with the turn, then he thinks you just hit trip jacks to outdraw him. But he called the turn, so he's calling the river. What better hands than yours do you think call the turn that will fold the river?
Old 06-17-2006, 06:13 PM

I thought that you 3-bet the flop and bet every other street when I saw this, but now that I see what really happened I like your play. Ace has so much garbage that he will call down with here.