Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL

Old 11-21-2007, 11:22 AM

Default NL5 TT in the BB multiway line check

Preflop with the large number of limpers I decided not to raise since it would have been a bloated flop out of position with likely overcards.

On the flop there's an overcard and I check leaning toward check/fold to a meaningful flop bet. Luckily it checks through.

On the turn I'm still beating middle pair but there's a third flush card. I figure a flush draw is more likely than a made flush at this point. My plan on the turn is bet/fold.

Not really sure what to do on the river. Just check behind and take the free showdown? Comments on all streets welcome.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (9 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($3.39)
Hero ($5.68)
UTG ($4.15)
UTG+1 ($2.26)
MP1 ($3.76)
MP2 ($3.45)
MP3 ($3.33)
CO ($3.66)
Button ($6.96)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.05, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls $0.05, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls $0.05, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.25) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, Button checks.

Turn: ($0.25) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.17</font>, UTG folds, MP1 folds, Button folds, SB calls $0.17.

River: ($0.59) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero ...
Old 11-22-2007, 12:40 PM

Default Re: NL5 TT in the BB multiway line check

Preflop: I'm raising with the best hand.

Flop: Good

Turn: Good

River: Looks like you have the best hand to me and might be able to get a small bet. Make a one third to half pot sized value bet as long as villian isn't the type to checkraise bluff here.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:04 PM

I make the standard 4 + n bet preflop. Taking it down there is a great result. If someone calls, it's great too because you likely have the best hand. Yah it sucks you'll be out of position, but that doesn't override the fact that you were dealt a made hand with built in showdown value.

As played, bet pot on the flop. Just because there's an overcard doesn't mean it hit someone. Your hand is very vulnerable. Bet pot to protect it.

As played, turn bet is good. 1/2 pot protects your hand while not making the pot too big.

On river bet like .20 for value. Fold to a raise.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:12 PM

If I think there is a decent chance everyone folds or I can at least get it HU I raise this PF. If its one of those tables where everyone is just going to call your raise then I prolly don't because even tho you have an equity advantage now, its going to be hell to play post flop OOP.

post flop I like the way you played it. I think I would put in a small value bet, hoping to be called by a 7 or something. I think you are good here over half the time you get called, and Im not really worried about being checkraised
Old 11-22-2007, 04:02 PM

I agree with Alobar about preflop, though if it's an "everyone is gonna call" table, then I'd probably still put in a raise, just a small pot sweetener type raise to $0.20 or so in order to make it easier to get it in if I flop my set.

Postflop looks good if you made a small river value bet as suggested. I'd bet anywhere from $0.20 to $0.30 here.
Old 11-22-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with Alobar about preflop, though if it's an "everyone is gonna call" table, then I'd probably still put in a raise, just a small pot sweetener type raise to $0.20 or so in order to make it easier to get it in if I flop my set.

Postflop looks good if you made a small river value bet as suggested. I'd bet anywhere from $0.20 to $0.30 here.

[/ QUOTE ]It was a dilemma for me on the river as a better hand will call 100% of the time. I'm not concerned about a checkraise bluff, a river checkraise is always beating me and I can fold. A busted flush draw will fold. While 6x and 7x usually call the river I wasn't sure if a river call is a hand I beat often enough for a small river bet to be profitable.