Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 11-29-2007, 01:28 PM

Default Big hand, HU, 220bbs deep

I like to mix up limping button with raising button HU.

Villian raised every time I limped button.

As for the flow of the match, he was winning a lot of small pots, but I was winning all the big ones. He had $360 when I sat down, so I'm up on him a bit and he's definitely frustrated.

He doubled me up a few hands back -- here is that hand for reference:

Stack sizes:
jbird: $122.40
BB: $355.15

Pre-flop: (2 players) jbird is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">jbird raises to $3</font>, BB calls.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($6, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $4</font>, <font color="#cc0000">jbird raises to $17.7</font>, BB calls.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($41.4, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">jbird bets $40.9</font>, BB calls.

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($123.2, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $72</font>, <font color="#cc0000">jbird calls all-in $60.8</font>.
Uncalled bets: $11.2 returned to BB.

Results:
Final pot: $244.8

Villain showed Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and lost with a flush, King high

OK so on to the actual hand:

Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
2 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
jbird: $220.70
BB: $245.95

Pre-flop: (2 players) jbird is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
jbird calls, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $3</font>, jbird calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($6, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $4</font>, <font color="#cc0000">jbird raises to $15</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $40</font>, jbird calls.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($86, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $50</font>, jbird calls.

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($186, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $110</font>, jbird folds.
Uncalled bets: $110 returned to BB.

Results:
Final pot: $186

Thoughts on turn and river? Standard?
Old 11-29-2007, 01:45 PM

Default Re: Big hand, HU, 220bbs deep

What do you think he'd do with AT on this board? With diamonds I kinda assume he'd reraise. I dunno middle set is obv huge HU, but 0,5/1 people are often pretty passive. The fact that the A is not a diamond is pretty bad for you as well.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:44 PM

I personally like a flop push but I'm okay stacking off with a set and a flush draw HU every single time... I feel like he probably plays ATxx 33xx and maybe even A3 with a wrap wheel draw, gut str8 draw or high flush draw the same way.. His range is not that polarized and I think that you can make a case for either being ahead or being live to outs enough to warrant a push.. Take this advice coming from a high variance background though..
Old 11-29-2007, 02:55 PM

I think stacking off is correct for sure at higher stakes that you play, but I really doubt you're gonna see a3+gutshot here. Even 33 might slow down. But I don't know much about how specifically low-limit plo games play, just my experience from playing low stakes in general.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:05 PM

I think you need to get it in on the turn as you are likely way ahead of his range. I think his rather small bet on the turn is more indicative of a draw or a weak made hand than the nuts or second nuts. If he has 52 or AA it is just one of those hands that you are supposed to lose if you fail to suck out on the river. By flat calling the turn you are putting yourself in a VERY awkward river spot because there are so many river cards that are bad for your hand on such a drawy board.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:39 PM

I actually think you played it great. After the 3bet flop this deep, this players range is very small. Especially given the stack sizes, preflop action, and the reference hand.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:11 PM

No way i fold this, its second nuts w redraw HU, stack off.

and certainly not when he's betting half and 2/3 of the pot on T/R

-g
Old 11-29-2007, 06:47 PM

Definitely shove the flop. The fact that he lost the previous hand playing passively may encourage him to play stronger with top two this time and your PF limp may encourage him to rep AA strongly if he has a combo draw. No one ever 3-bet/folds HU at 0.5/1 so that shouldn't really be a consideration.

I'd need to be at least 5 BI deep to consider playing for pot control here.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:39 PM

You don't have to 4bet flop but if you aren't going to know where your flush is if/when it hits, I generally prefer 4betting. As played, I repop the turn all-in, and as played I can't find a fold on the river generally.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:42 PM

i definatly like a turn shove here - i mean if hes sitting there with AAxx nfd then this is about as bigger cooler as you can get HU, but that pretty unlikely so if hes got it then meh im just going to lose a big pot.

out of interest what hand did you put him on that you felt you could call the turn and fold the river to a relative blank? (if you consider the K a scare card then that even more reason to felt the turn) its kind of hard to hard to judge this in a vacume but for me i would make a decision on the turn that im repotting, or if i have a bad feeling about this spot then fold