MP2: $161.30
CO: $114.15
BTN: $54.30
SB: $53.55
BB: $41.50
Hero (UTG): $75.60
UTG+1: $82.15
UTG+2: $130.95

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $3</font>, 5 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $10</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls $7

Flop: ($21.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $10</font>, Hero calls $10

Turn: ($41.50) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $20</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $41</font>, BTN calls $14.30 and is All-In

River: ($110.10) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $110.10 Pot ($3 Rake)
BTN showed A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (two pair, Aces and Nines) and WON $107.10 (+$52.80 NET)
Hero showed J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (two pair, Jacks and Nines) and LOST (-$54.30 NET)

No stats on villian. I nearly folded pre to his reraise, nearly folded flop and nearly folded turn(only a couple of seconds to think on each street tho so metaphorically shrugged and threw it in)

If I were raising from MP i'd have no problem stacking off here but when I raise utg and get repopped can I get away?

I only started playing NL cash games at the start of November and am running at 4.8 ptbb/100 over 25k hands, but feel a little lost in situations like this that I also feel *should* be standard.

So... is this a standard stack-off in a vacuum? And how tight do an opponents stats have to be to setmine/fold JJ to a reraise when u pop it utg? (i'm thinking a pfr of &lt;3 but im guessing)

(if this is super-standard one way of the other I apologise in advance)
Old 11-09-2007, 07:31 PM

Default Re: 100NL - JJ utg to a repop

I don't mind folding PF if this is the first time it's happened - you're not getting the odds to set mine.

Oh I just realised the effective stacks are only 50BB. Meh whatever. Stack off or not.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:37 PM

either fold pf or stack off on the flop given effective stacks are only 50BB. I would fold pf this shallow, but i'm a 14/9 nit. I sometimes 4 bet pf if stacks &gt; 150BB
Old 11-09-2007, 07:46 PM

people seem to 2 and 3 barrel bluff and bet very thin for value (checking turn behind for pot control looks very rare) a lot at 100NL so I flat-called the flop to open up his range, if he bets the turn a lot wide this has to be better than shipping flop and drawing to 2 outs when called? Or am I wrong?

Thanks for the replies. Folding pre felt weak, but getting repopped when I have 99-QQ and stacking off on favourable flops to AA/KK is my major money loser so I wanted to see if it was a real leak or just illusory.

(Also am I supposed to include effective stacks in OP? if so then oops - i'll remember next time)
Old 11-09-2007, 07:47 PM

I think I'm folding here preflop. No odds to mine and my guess is that we're behind villain's 3bet range, AND calling leaves us OOP. JJ is fast becoming one of those hands I really hate having UTG. lol
Old 11-09-2007, 08:03 PM

I think the decision about this hand must be made pre-flop when the bb raises. You either push because you think you're in a coin flip or better, or you fold because you think you're up against a better pocket pair.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:14 PM

Including effectives isn't mandatory, but it's nice. (I should do this too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]) I've given serious thought to open-limping hands like 99/TT/JJ because when they're 3bet, you're usually either folding or calling and left in a crappy spot OOP with an SPR that's more favorable to the villain's 3bet range than it is for you. If you limp and call a raise, you have implied odds to set mine and create a bad SPR for overpair/TP hands. I think you also get more FE on dangerous flops, but I could be off on that.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:19 PM

I fold preflop unless I have stats or notes on the villian. Your UTG raise signals big strength and the unknown villian shows no real fear of it. Your beating AK and thats bout it. I think a fold is fine preflop, since the stacks are to small to set mine.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:13 AM

Don't post results.

Fold preflop. The preflop reraise to $10 requires you to call off over 10% of the effective stacks ($7 more) OOP, so you can't call for set value. And if his range is QQ-AA/AK, then your equity if you get all in with a preflop push is only ~36%. So you can't push, and you can't call. That only leaves fold to the big reraise preflop.

In general, try not to violate the 5/10 rule unless you have some really compelling reason to ignore it. In this case, you should follow it, and fold preflop.