Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2007, 02:08 PM

Default how spewy am i?

How spewy is this? No reads on the players. I would normally fold this preflop because it's all spades (maybe not?).

I think my flop raise is awful.... as is my all call all-in...

How spewy on a scale of 0 to definitely

Poker Stars - Pot Limit Omaha Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 9 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $29.45
BB: $79.35
UTG: $37.45
UTG+1: $47.80
MP1: $102.50
MP2: $41.80
MP3: $32.50
CO: $11.00
Hero (BTN): $51.60

Preflop: Hero is dealt 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (9 Players)
5 folds, CO calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, SB calls $0.25, BB checks

Flop: ($2) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">CO bets $1.90</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $7.60</font>, SB folds, BB calls $7.60, <font color="red">CO raises all-in to $10.50</font>, Hero calls $2.90, BB calls $2.90

Turn: ($33.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players - 1 All-In)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $31.85</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $63.70</font>, Hero calls all-in for $8.75
Uncalled bet of $23.10 returned to BB

River: ($114.70) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $114.70 ($3 Rake)

CO had 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a straight, Eight to Queen) and WON (+$4.95)
BB had 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ([6s 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2c] (a straight, Five to Nine)) and LOST (-$51.60)
Hero had 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a straight, Eight to Queen) and WON (+$44.15)
Old 09-05-2007, 02:11 PM

Default Re: how spewy am i?

I have no idea how you came out a winner in this pot after a showdown. Those players must truly suck.
1. Fold preflop
2. You should never be raising top pair with OESD with that many people to act behind you. This is such a drawy board and you have barely any part of it.
Your play on almost every street is the reason why people make so much money playin PLO, playin against players like you...

Dont mean to sound rude, but cmon now man....cmon
Old 09-05-2007, 02:13 PM

What draw is BB calling with on the flop taht didn't get there on the turn aside from a complete moron who called the flop with a double-gutter like 79?
Old 09-05-2007, 02:19 PM

I think your play is fine until the turn. The only decent draw that missed was a nake T9.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear you. It makes me want to vomit how bad it is. The table had been so nitty up to this point, and then we all go crazy. It's pretty bad.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:26 PM

Preflop is marginal, flop play seems OK, turn is where this went bad.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:27 PM

Though i ran the odds:

PREFLOP - i have the best hand, not that it matter.

FLOP - we're all pretty much even money. My raise of the CO is to try and isolate my hand (which is the better draw) against his..... the BB comes along tho....

TURN - the 9 hits. It makes his hand. I make a debatable bluff (with some - ok very few - backup outs) to represent that i have the better str8 (Q-10). But he shoves on me. I have to call as there's too much in there.

RIVER - i luckbox out.

Do I justify myself? Prob not...
Old 09-05-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea how you came out a winner in this pot after a showdown. Those players must truly suck.
1. Fold preflop
2. You should never be raising top pair with OESD with that many people to act behind you. This is such a drawy board and you have barely any part of it.
Your play on almost every street is the reason why people make so much money playin PLO, playin against players like you...

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel like this whole post is wrong.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. Fold preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel like this whole post is wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

agree - im a nit and im never, ever, ever folding this hand on the button in an unraised pot

flop is a little agressive , but i doubt its a huge mistake, especially if you are trying to projet a laggy image
Old 09-05-2007, 03:08 PM

Yeah, preflop and flop are standard. You could check/fold the turn against a nit I guess, but I don't mind getting it in there either. You've got enough outs that you're usually not losing much equity even if you're behind.