Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-23-2007, 09:12 PM

Default What makes you annoying?

I see a lot of posts around here discussing things that commonly annoy posters. What I’ve become curious about lately are the things that repeatedly make YOU annoying to other people. I suggest we list them.

You must be aware of these habits in order for them to qualify. They must be habitual enough so that you often don’t stop even when you realize the other person is annoyed. These must NOT be things you do to intentionally annoy people. Instead, they must be destructive to your social life to some degree.

You may be hoping to stop such behavior. You may have accepted it non-apologetically, knowing you will probably always be this way.

Mine:

1.) I correct arbitrary incorrect grammar. The closer you are to me -- and the more people who are standing around listening -- the more I do it. I correct things such as well vs. good, fewer vs. less-than. In emails, I point out excessive punctuation (you must be so excited!!!) and the difference between its and it’s. When I’m leaving a family function and someone says “drive safe,” that’s my wheelhouse. I cannot help myself.

2.) When people are in a conversation where they’re all in general agreement about a subject I don’t really care about, I often take the other side just for the sake of argument. Instead of allowing them to enjoy their personal conversation, I derail it so they are instead arguing with me. I do this for sport, and genuinely respect those who out-argue me. I’m guessing they don’t have the same respect for me, especially those find this habit intimidating (a few) or tiresome (most).

3.) I interrupt people. During a conversation, if a particularly good point strikes me, I don’t wait for the other person to finish their point. I just blurt it out. I hate it when people do this to me, but I continually do it to other people. Often I achieve this by talking 2-3 times louder than anyone else so they can’t help but hear me.

These habits happen more often when I’m drunk, which leads to a great amount of guilt the next morning when I think back to the conversations I had the night before. Acting this way is something I don’t like about myself, and am trying to hold back. But I also think it’s a part of who I am to some degree. I think it could even be endearing if I kept it at Level 5 instead of 105.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:28 PM

Default Re: What makes you annoying?

I really hope I never hear someone correct "drive safe," as that is reallllly annoying.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I see a lot of posts around here discussing things that commonly annoy posters. What I’ve become curious about lately are the things that repeatedly make YOU annoying to other people. I suggest we list them.

You must be aware of these habits in order for them to qualify. They must be habitual enough so that you often don’t stop even when you realize the other person is annoyed. These must NOT be things you do to intentionally annoy people. Instead, they must be destructive to your social life to some degree.

You may be hoping to stop such behavior. You may have accepted it non-apologetically, knowing you will probably always be this way.

Mine:

1.) I correct arbitrary incorrect grammar. The closer you are to me -- and the more people who are standing around listening -- the more I do it. I correct things such as well vs. good, fewer vs. less-than. In emails, I point out excessive punctuation (you must be so excited!!!) and the difference between its and it’s. When I’m leaving a family function and someone says “drive safe,” that’s my wheelhouse. I cannot help myself.

2.) When people are in a conversation where they’re all in general agreement about a subject I don’t really care about, I often take the other side just for the sake of argument. Instead of allowing them to enjoy their personal conversation, I derail it so they are instead arguing with me. I do this for sport, and genuinely respect those who out-argue me. I’m guessing they don’t have the same respect for me, especially those find this habit intimidating (a few) or tiresome (most).

3.) I interrupt people. During a conversation, if a particularly good point strikes me, I don’t wait for the other person to finish their point. I just blurt it out. I hate it when people do this to me, but I continually do it to other people. Often I achieve this by talking 2-3 times louder than anyone else so they can’t help but hear me.

These habits happen more often when I’m drunk, which leads to a great amount of guilt the next morning when I think back to the conversations I had the night before. Acting this way is something I don’t like about myself, and am trying to hold back. But I also think it’s a part of who I am to some degree. I think it could even be endearing if I kept it at Level 5 instead of 105.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. I could see how that would be annoying.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:15 PM

I punch people in the vagina when they correct my grammar or interrupt me.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:24 PM

First!
Old 11-23-2007, 11:30 PM

My constant paranoia of anything that seems to be out of the ordinary and the preaching/theories that accompany it.

Conspire
Old 11-23-2007, 11:38 PM

According to BBV4L, this:

Old 11-24-2007, 12:21 AM

Location: Clinging to the binomial theorem like a drunk to a lamppost

I think my passive-aggressive switching on/off of the hallway lights in my dorm would be it for me. One of the lights is right above my door, so even with the door shut a lot of light gets in.

In my defense, I only do this during night quiet hours and no one in the dorm seems to prefer hanging out in the halls--we all just leave the doors open when we want to be social.

I can only really recall one switch battle, which was last week. The guys in the three rooms to my right were filming a movie at one in the morning, which involved running and thumping past my room and yelling "Where's my calculator??" in the kitchen, twenty feet away. They got the point after I switched it off the third time.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My signing my name to all my posts, when the forum has signatures disabled, for the good and obvious reason that signatures are useless clutter.

Conspire

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP
Old 11-24-2007, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
According to BBV4L, this:

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, clicky pictures are usually an indicator of suck.