Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 05:44 PM

Default Re: Phil Hellmuth best holdem player by far

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
are you implying there's someone better?

[/ QUOTE ]

ZOMG unpossible do not speak such blasphelmuth

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, i second this

[/ QUOTE ]
very funny

I LOLed

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-15-2007, 05:52 PM

Hellmuth--->
Old 11-15-2007, 06:45 PM

He is my hero, but then again, I play like he drives.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:33 PM

blah blah blah.. being the best or not... respectable or merely average... the guy still won more money than most of you at poker and have extra $$ to give TJ Cloutier by compassion, month after month...
Old 11-15-2007, 09:20 PM

Phil Helmuth is an Apostate. I spit on him and all those who would follow him. In my country, he would be dragged into the market place after Saturday morning prayers in silver chains and beheaded. Death to Phil, Death to No limit Texas Hold'em
tournaments, Death to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-16-2007, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The only reason that Phil wins more tournaments than anyone else is that he compulsively enters more tournaments than anyone else. Please discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of the millions of people who have tried tournament poker, he is the distribution's far right outlier, with some accounting for the fact that tourney winners are much more likely to keep playing tourneys, greatly increasing the chances of repeat winners. Someone has to be the most extreme outlier. It's him. It means nothing more than that.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I love to hate on Phil but I have to admit he makes some bizarre precise reads with not much information that have no logical explaination to me. Not like DN who just guesses every possible hand and occasionally gets it right, Phil seems to be right a lot more than he should be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you see the WSOP ME footage of DN - he was sick good with his reads. But yeah, Phil has made some great reads on TV - but then you gotta wonder how many misreads arent shown. I remember a few years back when he mucked KK pre in the main event after calling over the cameras to look. The other guy had JJ.

If you havent seen it, Phils play in the HORSE event was hilariously bad. He rates himself one of the words best in all the games then makes a fundamental error in just about every hand shown - including stacking off with a jack in razz to KO him IIRC.

But he does make sick reads - and he does verbally attack players - this has lead to what Gobbo amongst others have realised - what i call the Hellmuth Factor.

It is fear from being shown up and looking bad which means he can pretty much dominate the WSOPs with their weak fields - but when it comes to stuff with better players like the WPTs or various cash games he doesnt do well and most of what he does is advertising for the Hellmuth brand.

Also, watching his stupidly large bets in certain HSP hands this season its clear just how uncomfortable he is when deeper than 30BBs, hence him not turning up to tourneys till an hour or two in.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:36 AM

OK... We have tried to be nice about this Phil Phriends...so please answer this ---- Who is the little crybaby, Mommy's Boy, Girlyman, who cried just like the big sissy boy that he, and all his admirers, are when Annie Duke triple check raised bluffed the big p*ssyboy to the Tournament of Champions $2 million belt. His crying like a baby is probably the greatest moment in the history of Internet wussiness until you wussy PhilPhriends try to reply to this.
Thanks for your Philphriend wussiness in wussy advance!!!
Old 11-16-2007, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He rates himself one of the words best in all the games then makes a fundamental error in just about every hand shown - including stacking off with a jack in razz to KO him IIRC.

[/ QUOTE ]

he was all in on 3rd street with a 972
Old 11-17-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Can't he just shut up and play the highest games on full tilt?

[/ QUOTE ]

he already does, and he crushes them. He just cant publicly talk about it because he is sponsored by UB and isnt supposed to be playing anywhere else. I thought this was pretty common knowledge?

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats his name on Full Tilt bro?