Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 01:40 AM

Default Re: ***Official SNF PHI/NE thread***

[ QUOTE ]
Eagles get destroyed if McNabb starts this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFMFT!! McNabb should never play another down for the Eagles!
He would have never made those pases Feely made because he never would have even thrown the ball.The team always plays harder for Feely, Garcia, Detmer et al.. Fatboy McPukey is a joke and probably woulhave puked on the field again.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:43 AM

One of the things that's good about Feeley over McNabb is that he definitely handled the pressure well.

Pokerfink, who I think is a fairly smart Eagles fan said something about McNabb making too many sacks (which is probably good).

Of course, McNabb doesn't throw the 2nd INT to Samuel like that and might connect on a few deep balls, but it wouldn't surprise me to think that Feeley was the better matchup here against the Patriots.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:51 AM

Donavan McNabb may the most overrated QB in the history of the NFL.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Donavan McNabb may the most overrated QB in the history of the NFL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the posts here, I'd say he's closer to being underrated than overrated.

Then again, I took him in the third round of my fantasy draft so I know I overrate him.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:06 AM

btw, BB is on the radio now

he acknowledged that Feeley was great in those in-cuts, and the gameplan was to force him outside, but that part of the plan failed.

Eagles disguised their coverages really well, this caused problems

but, this was mostly in the 2nd half. in the 1st half (offensively) they did whatever they wanted. they then tried to stay ahead of the changes they were anticipating the Eagles were going to make, and that screwed them up a little

re: the pressure, Feely handled it well. he did the same vs us when he was in Miami in 2004 (Dolphin win)

(btw, listening to stuff like this I'm always reminded by how much more there is than meets the eye...)
Old 11-26-2007, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

(btw, listening to stuff like this I'm always reminded by how much more there is than meets the eye...)

[/ QUOTE ]

>99% of us know next to nothing about high level NFL strategy.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

If this were true wouldn't John Madden, one of the best NFL coaches of all time by record, be able to offer some insight into the strategy of the game beyond what an intelligent dedicated fan already knows.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

[/ QUOTE ]

If this were true wouldn't John Madden, one of the best NFL coaches of all time by record, be able to offer some insight into the strategy of the game beyond what an intelligent dedicated fan already knows.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not paid to do that. The "intelligent dedicated fan" isn't the target audience of a color guy. It's the yokels that make up 99% of the NFL's (or any sport's) fan base.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Being an intelligent, dedicated fan does not equate to being knowledgeable about the game. You simply can't begin to describe the complexities to someone who has little to no experience playing the game.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:58 AM

Oringal quote: "gg eagles, if this gives the steelers a gameplan against us, eat [censored] and die plz"

Reply: "Yeah if, the steelers run every trick play in the book to perfection, munch surprise off-side kicks, and a different Q comes in than is originally gameplanned for. But I wouldnt discount it."

My reply was a knee-jerk reaction, to quickly point out that a lot went right for the Eagles, not just these factors affected the outcome of the game.

Edit: yeah it sounds like IM saying that the gameplan was just on side kicks and trickery, I didn't mean that.