Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2006, 01:28 AM

Default Re: OOT Survivor: diebitter vs. Bruiser

i have to say, the only thing better than the drama of the election, is the drama of this thread. Its great!.

peace

john nickle
Old 02-15-2006, 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have noticed some posters who at one time were respected contributers in strat forums but stopped posting strat advice and became active in OOT instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

<--------------
Old 02-15-2006, 02:26 AM

Hi all, I did a rough count, but I may have included some unsuitable voters, or double counted quotes, but the page number is currently 42 in a 10-per-page view, and is at
93 to ban bruiser, 88 to ban me. Nailbiting [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I posted this here cos I didn't feel like jumping into that thread anymore till the job's over.
Old 02-15-2006, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi all, I did a rough count, but I may have included some unsuitable voters, or double counted quotes, but the page number is currently 42 in a 10-per-page view, and is at
93 to ban bruiser, 88 to ban me. Nailbiting [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I posted this here cos I didn't feel like jumping into that thread anymore till the job's over.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bruiser just posted his farewell
Old 02-15-2006, 02:31 AM

jim,
this was an agreement between two people, and i wasn't one of them. it is very clear that they were going to go do this with or without 2+2's blessing.

grunch,
2+2 is a business. right now there are 159 people reading oot.

sniper,
i already said i didn't see cola's post, and apologized. ed replied as i was actually typing up the contest, so i didn't see his. you can check the timestamps for yourself if you'd like. stop telling me that i deliberately or knowingly disrespected an admin, because i didn't. i already talked with mat and everything is cool. why are you trying to upset somebody?

everyone,
- we could all condemn the event, but it got too big to contain. it wouldn't matter.
- bitter publicly declined under duress because i was trying to block the event
- many people misinterpreted this as a chicken move, so he would be unable to show face in oot without resolving it proper
- this means if the event wasn't held, bitter would lose by default
- bruiser doesn't really care about posting on 2+2 anymore
- bruiser would go on a 'hunger strike' and refuse to post until the contest is resolved
- people could start threads themselves to hold the contest
- if those threads were moderated, they could go somewhere else (like the 2+2 myspace groups) to do it
- this really was the last oot survivor

i have this wrapped up. bitter has won. he can high road the matter, and refuse to ban bruiser. nobody loses. if bruiser refuses to stay, he doesn't want to anyway.
Old 02-15-2006, 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

jim,
this was an agreement between two people, and i wasn't one of them. it is very clear that they were going to go do this with or without 2+2's blessing.

grunch,
2+2 is a business. right now there are 159 people reading oot.

sniper,
i already said i didn't see cola's post, and apologized. ed replied as i was actually typing up the contest, so i didn't see his. you can check the timestamps for yourself if you'd like. stop telling me that i deliberately or knowingly disrespected an admin, because i didn't. i already talked with mat and everything is cool. why are you trying to upset somebody?

everyone,
- we could all condemn the event, but it got too big to contain. it wouldn't matter.
- bitter publicly declined under duress because i was trying to block the event
- many people misinterpreted this as a chicken move, so he would be unable to show face in oot without resolving it proper
- this means if the event wasn't held, bitter would lose by default
- bruiser doesn't really care about posting on 2+2 anymore
- bruiser would go on a 'hunger strike' and refuse to post until the contest is resolved
- people could start threads themselves to hold the contest
- if those threads were moderated, they could go somewhere else (like the 2+2 myspace groups) to do it
- this really was the last oot survivor

i have this wrapped up. bitter has won. he can high road the matter, and refuse to ban bruiser. nobody loses. if bruiser refuses to stay, he doesn't want to anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry! I am really confused now! Who won?

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 02-15-2006, 02:39 AM

bitter won.

since he won, bruiser would normally be banned. neither of us are going to enforce the ban, though, so the result is that everybody got their contest, bitter cleared his name, and we haven't lost either poster.

the likely reason that bruiser did this to begin with is that he doesn't care about posting on 2+2 any more. the survivor ban will go explicitly unenforced. he knows he is still welcome here, and i have PMd him to let him know. many others obviously want him to stay as well. if he goes now, it is because he wants to.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dynasty just dropped the fact that Mat won't be banning me in the thread. Lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do believe Mat had just said that this was diebitter's decision, Dynasty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since astroglide seems upset over this, I thought I'd respond here.

I was only interested in whether Mat was okay with me reposting what he said. Mat said he was okay and that's all that I needed.

Since diebitter had a stake in the results of OOT Surivor, I wasn't interested in his opinion. He had too much of a bias.
Old 02-17-2006, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm ok with posting this, if people think the end result would be helpful, but I have been under the impression that our oot readers like this sort of silliness. ultimately i want the forum readers to be happy. Again, I think even this decision should be left to diebitter

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't see how you could possibly interpret this to mean, "go ahead and post it, dynasty!"

[ QUOTE ]
I was only interested in whether Mat was okay with me reposting what he said. Mat said he was okay and that's all that I needed.

[/ QUOTE ]

and this is exactly why we are failing to work together as mods. what you did hosed both me and bitter, and all that concerns you is whether or not your gross misinterpretation was okay with mat after the damage was done. what's between you two is between you two. you worked that out, and that's good. but meanwhile, there are 2 other mods (the ones with whom you are supposed to be working), that are pissed in the present tense.
Old 02-17-2006, 02:39 AM

I was not pleased with the posting, mid-contest, the fact I wouldn't get banned. It wasn't necessary and I felt the contest needed to be played out as best as possible as the only means to resolve it properly.

Luckily it did anyway, but no thanks to Dynasty.

Ban Dynasty from modship.

I don't say this lightly, and I say this with the best interests of OOT in mind. Dynasty is out of step with OOT now, and it's time for this to finish.