Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2007, 06:04 PM

Default Micro tournament problems

First off a resume of my tournament experience.

- Various micro buyin tournaments on expekt (Many in the money, but none high)
- 8 x $3.30 25kg tournaments on stars (5 in the money)
- 16th place in FTP 500kg (Won sattelite to sattelite and won the other sattelite for 50 fpp)

What annoys me is that I seem to do decent in many tournaments, but never get any good results(except the 500kg, which is a one timer). I do play very offencive and build stack in the middle stages and I don't tighten up to get to a certain placement. If I get the lowest prices or not dosn't concern me. At bubble burst I tend to be about double the average stack. However I always seem to bust out vs a bigstack after the bubble has burst, or close after. I normally go in with the best hand but are gotten drown out on.

Overall I'm slightly up on the micro stakes tournaments, but I don't want to advance in stakes before I start placing a bit higher.

I know this isn't much to base an analysis on, but I don't have any software with hand history or stats. Has anyone been in a similar situation, and got a solution to my problem? What adjustments can I do?

Thanks,
Rips