Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2007, 11:02 AM

Default the decline of civilization

so last night i went to my brother's house to visit him and his fiance. he lives way out in the burbs so i took this commuter bus that takes like 45 minutes but has airplane style seats and air conditioning. awesome. i dunno why, but the bus is super crowded, and is soon standing room only. at one of the stops, this pregnant girl gets on. i prepare to offer her my seat, but in front of me another passenger gets off the bus, so excellent! i get to nap some more. except the dude (short sleeve white button up shirt, khakis, emo glasses, shaved head, probably in his 30s) who was sitting next to the guy who got off moves over into the aisle seat (which, admittedly, has way more legroom).

now, because of the way the seats work, you can't really squeeze past someone to take the window seat if they're in the aisle seat, not without a lot of cooperation. the pregnant girl kinda approaches the guy who has just blocked her path to a free seat and looks at him, but he buries his nose in the new harry potter book and pointedly ignores her. i get up and offer the girl my seat, then move over to the potter loser and tap on his book. he looks up, then rolls his eyes and kinda shifts so i can squeeze by him. i don't move, and say, 'stand up'. he makes a little more room for me to get by. i just stare at him, waiting for him to stand. eventually he stands up and moves back a bit, i turn my back to him and offer the seats to a middle aged couple who have been standing for 20ish minutes and bury my nose in my book ('the true story of ah q', and excellent book btw!).
Old 08-23-2007, 11:05 AM

Default Re: the decline of civilization

Oh.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:06 AM

this has always happened and will always happen until the nuclear holocaust in October that will prevent me from turning 30. Until that time, well played.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:12 AM

At first I thought "this guy who won't get up just wants the fabled catbird seat for himself - he'll at least offer the girl the other seat." Reading further, one realizes he has no redeeming social skills at all, and is really no use to society. Who doesn't have the simple decency to offer a pregnant woman a seat? This guy wasn't taught proper manners by his parents, or he is off his meds.

In either case, you have my permission to hunt this clown down at his parents house and beat them all like circus chimps.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:13 AM

Old 08-23-2007, 11:15 AM

John Rocker gimmick.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
John Rocker gimmick.

[/ QUOTE ]

John Rocker was reading the Harry Potter book. He's making a post right now on some other forum about the rude people and pregnant immigrants on the bus.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:24 AM

BTW I believe that baby is what you get when you throw bleach and Downy into a blender.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:26 AM

LET THE BIRDS RAIN DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWN.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:38 AM

I'm not sure this demonstrates the decline of civilisation. 50 years ago if the pregnant woman was black she wouldn't be allowed to sit there. 50 years before that there were no busses. 200 years before that, if a bus existed, she'd probably have had her head cut off by an annoyed nobleman