Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 11:53 AM

Default Hit and Run or not?

What do we normally classify hit and run as? Are these the type of players that wait for a high pocket pair, buy in for the most cash and hit that hand and bounce or is it the player that plays maybe 50-100 hands on one table and than bounces? I also want to clarify this part too.

I usually play anywhere from 50-100 hands on a table. If the table is good I'll obviously stay longer, but if I see myself going down in a hole or just getting rocked by donks Im going to bounce. Maybe before I hit 50-100 hands. Believe its the only way I'll make a profit and maintain my bankroll.

Do we have any guides for staying long at tables that we should or should not be at?
Old 08-01-2007, 11:56 AM

Default Re: Hit and Run or not?

Hit and Run is usally a term for a player who sits down, gets hot right away goes on a great run doubles or triples his/her stack and then leaves the table right after. Its dirty for the players at the table but its a move that guarentees a winning session
Old 08-01-2007, 12:05 PM

Its also a move that guarantees nothing. You are just as likely to give it back at the next table as the one you are on! Poker is one long game...not a bunch of short ones.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:04 PM

The way I understand it , H&R is min buy-in, double or triple up by going All-In Pre-Flop with the first premium hand you get (Hit) and if it works out...leave the table (Run).
It`s reasonable to expect that the deep stacks will call an AI-PF from a short stack with wider range then usual, that explains the minimum buy-in.
When you double/triple up you are not a short stack anymore, so you bank it and start the process again on other table, that explains the "Run" part.

I think it`s a silly strategy though...
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The way I understand it , H&R is min buy-in, double or triple up by going All-In Pre-Flop with the first premium hand you get (Hit) and if it works out...leave the table (Run).
It`s reasonable to expect that the deep stacks will call an AI-PF from a short stack with wider range then usual, that explains the minimum buy-in.
When you double/triple up you are not a short stack anymore, so you bank it and start the process again on other table, that explains the "Run" part.

I think it`s a silly strategy though...
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] Seems so. I agree with the shortstacking part. I do shortstack, but once I hit I remain at that table and will keep on hitting until I run the table and hopefully to many people won't flee at that point.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:49 PM

Being a hit and run player myself let me just say what I do. I sit in on a big cash game wait till I can trap someone or hit a huge pot then wait till the bb comes around and go. No tricks just study the table take down a big pot and leave before they target me or get comfortable with me.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:22 PM

I dnt liek doing it, unless ive been there for a couple rounds and won a huge won. I dont like it when people go in and with 20xBB and leave first hand.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:59 PM

I made 8,000 in 10 days playing 30 min a day doing hit and run at the 10/20 Ts. If feelings change the way u play it, I say its a form of tilt.