Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2007, 06:49 AM

Default 28k stats questions

I'm a little confused by my stats.

First off, I always put a decent amount of effort into game selection. These games
generally have about a 45% table VP$IP, or maybe just one psycho 60/30 guy who I get
on my right. That being the case, I think my results should be a lot better than 1.2
BB/100. So I'm thinking maybe I just suck.

What I find interesting is the fact that my pre-flop numbers are only 21/11, which is
tighter than most people recommend, yet I think my pre-flop standards are actually
somewhat looser than the chart I see floating around here.

For example, with KT/QT/JT and with K9s/Q9s/J9s/T9s I will often limp in the CO behind
a limper, and I will almost always limp on the button behind two limpers. I'm calling
with QJ behind a limper almost every time. Yet these seem to be recommended folds by
many people. So I'm surprised my numbers are so tight.

I'm just not stealing on the button very often, but I think this is more because I am
rarely the first to enter the pot.

Old 06-11-2007, 08:49 AM

Default Re: 28k stats questions

"I'm just not stealing on the button very often, but I think this is more because I am
rarely the first to enter the pot."

Could this be the answer: You carefully select a table where you seldom are the raiser - the maniac on your right already has raised and that makes your flopstats go down unless you adjust to the maniac(not that I say you should).

Besides I see your defending stats: You are the type of player I would steal a lot against and put you in doubt all the time. You are folding your BB in a HU 48% of the time. That is maybe too tight. But your your buttomline is fine enough loosing just 0.12 BB in the blinds- maybe people don't notice your tight style and then don't take advantage of it- well fine then.

Besides you should checkraise a lot more to make you harder to read.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:59 AM

you should loosen up your preflop raising standard from the CO and button; your attempt to steal blinds, vpip, and pfr are all really low

you also fold your blinds to a steal a lot, especially heads up. when the SB open raises you can defend with most hands because of the 3:1 pot odds and the advantage of having position throughout the hand.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:00 AM

"I'm just not stealing on the button very often, but I think this is more because I am rarely the first to enter the pot."

PT only counts it as a steal opportunity when it is folded to you in the CO, button, or SB
Old 06-13-2007, 12:03 AM

Im somewhat confused by your stats....on the last table you posted your win rate at showdown is 81%...how is that possible? in looking that your three of a kind etc isnt that really high?
Old 06-13-2007, 01:09 AM

These stats look interesting. I thought at first they were from FR.

It appears by your winrate that you are running hot, then again 28k hands often does not portray your true winrate. No offense or anything, but 1.2/100 BB is a good winrate for 6 max, and I see a lot of areas regarding your play that do not look optimal. However, looking at your went to showdown/won @ showdown + win when see flop percentages, maybe you are just playing well postflop.

As others have said, you don't raise nearly enough preflop, especially in late position, and you are too tight in general. I could be wrong since these lower stakes games my play different than what I am used to, but if people are playing really loose you should be limping with a lot of speculative hands, and raising with high suited cards if people have limped in front of you (ex 2 people limp, you raise on the button w QTs.) Even if the players do overdefend their blinds, you are still stealing the blinds w/no flop 22% of the time, so I am sure you are missing out on a lot of spots to steal. It also looks like you are a little too tight in the blinds esp small blind, although your WR from these positions are above average.

It looks like you check raise the turn much more frequently in comparison to the other streets (isn't necessarily a bad thing) but I think jamming the flop with your monster hands is generally better since turn check raises look way stronger than flop check raises, and people will often give you more action when you get aggressive on the flop. I'm not saying it is better, but most winning players also check raise more than you do.

I would make more continuation bets. Again, I could be wrong on this if there are more people seing a flop when you raise at the micro stakes.

Lastly, stop losing money with your straight flushes.

/end rant
Old 06-13-2007, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
First off, I always put a decent amount of effort into game selection. These games generally have about a 45% table VP$IP, or maybe just one psycho 60/30 guy who I get on my right. ..............

For example, with KT/QT/JT and with K9s/Q9s/J9s/T9s I will often limp in the CO behind a limper, and I will almost always limp on the button behind two limpers. I'm calling
with QJ behind a limper almost every time. Yet these seem to be recommended folds by many people. So I'm surprised my numbers are so tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

K9s/J9s/T9s are good enough to open/raise with UTG 6-way.
Are you open/raising from any position with these type hands?

Also, if you getting the loosest player on your right, are you ALWAYS raising/3-betting, when he opens & you have a quality hand v. his range?
Old 06-13-2007, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
First off, I always put a decent amount of effort into game selection. These games generally have about a 45% table VP$IP, or maybe just one psycho 60/30 guy who I get on my right. ..............

For example, with KT/QT/JT and with K9s/Q9s/J9s/T9s I will often limp in the CO behind a limper, and I will almost always limp on the button behind two limpers. I'm calling
with QJ behind a limper almost every time. Yet these seem to be recommended folds by many people. So I'm surprised my numbers are so tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, if you getting the loosest player on your right, are you ALWAYS raising/3-betting, when he opens & you have a quality hand v. his range?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't listen to this guy.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't listen to this guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably the best advice OP has received so far.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:45 AM

OP, continue to add more hands to your preflop raising standards (especially from LP). Play more hands. Read and post on this forum. Enjoy being a winner for now.