Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2007, 10:09 PM

Default Player posts blind before previous pot is scooped

$10 pub amateur tourney. No professional dealers, only the players on a rotating deal and most people are there for something to do while they drink rather than being serious poker players.

Situation is I just knocked someone out with my pocket A's and started to scoop a fairly large pot, as is usually the case in these tournaments the dealer hadnt bothered to collect the pot after each round so the chips were all still wherever they landed when people threw them in to bet.

I reached over to the other end of the table to collect the chips from there and the guy who was due to be the big blind put his hand over a couple and said "no thats my big blind"

Being that I had just won a big pot and it was only a big blind anyway I kind of just let it go and mumbled something about not putting blinds in while a pot was being scooped to avoid that but thinking back I am wondering if it would have been worth taking it a bit further.

What would be the ruling in this case if the floor was called? Does the player forfeit his chips for mixing them with the previous pot, simply get a warning and keep his chips, or something else entirely?