Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-24-2007, 04:26 PM

Default 10-25 live, flop trips, face 3 bet push

10-25 live, 10 handed

The game is very good. It's very common for several players to see the flop for a raise.

I am UTG+2 with $7K. Villain has me covered, and is a Scandinavian pro in town for a $10K tournament. I have not seen him get out of line.

UTG (very tight, young pro) opens for $75. This is the type of raise which will usually be called in several spots, especially because there is one wealthy fish at the table who is pretty bad.

Anyway, UTG +1 (villain) calls.

I call with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

A bunch of other people call. 7 people see the flop.

Flop ($525 - 7 players):

3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG checks. Villain bets $500. I make it $2,000. Folded back around to villain, who pushes! It is just over $5K to me.

I am trying to think of what kind of hand he could have here. On the one hand, I wouldn't think 77 would play it this fast. 77 has a flush draw drawing dead and a 3 just about dead. On the other hand, he is out of position and maybe he figures this is the best way to get the money in?

Or maybe we have the same hand?

Otherwise, I guess it is a semi-bluff? The thing is, I have shown massive strength here. He bet into a very large field, and I popped him (with multiple calling stations still to act behind me). Could he really think he has enough fold equity?

I am having a hard time coming up with a hand he would bet like this. We are pretty deep, so I don't think this could be an overpair. 77 or A3 seem most likely. I don't know if he could be in there with 3x having called a PFR UTG+1, even as loose as the rest of the table was. I have not seen him play any trash hands from EP.

Is this an easy call?