Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 02:28 PM

Default AA vs maniac on draw heavy board

$5 $10 full ring live. Villan has over 7k and raises 40% of hands and throws his money in the middle on a variety of hands. After two limpers he makes it $50 on the button. If he had a mid to high pair he would make it at least $75. I have AsAh in sb and make it $200, he calls. Flop comes QJ9 2 hearts. I lead for $300 and he makes it $700 more, I have $950 left.

I'm pretty damn sure he has 2 pair, straight or a draw and I am getting about 2 - 1 on a shove. I run through his hand range on poker stove which does not include big pairs (99 up) but includes all kinds of 2 suited (his usually $50 raise range) that make straight, 2 pair or pair with draw and I have him a 57 - 43 favorite. Instinctivly I know I'm beat and I never like to stack off with one pair but with this player, his range and our history I feel a shove is the play. I'm bent over let me have it.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:31 PM

Default Re: AA vs maniac on draw heavy board

What is the result? Why aren't you posting the result?
How can we discuss if you are not posting it?
Old 11-08-2007, 02:34 PM

put it in as a rule

but you should go with your reads, and if you feel you are beat then you can fold
Old 11-08-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
put it in as a rule

but you should go with your reads, and if you feel you are beat then you can fold

[/ QUOTE ]

He had Q9 for a flopped 2 pair. I guess this is how you learn to trust. Although I felt he was quite capable to push with a draw or a lot of hands I felt even with frequent raises he still was getting his big money in good as opposed to the last time I played with him. Plus I started talking to him about his hand and although he didn't say anything he clearly looked and acted like a guy who was happy with the way things were going. I was at a table with a lot of chips and a lot of action and I guess I tilted towards hoping to make a big pot. I should have folded and waited for a better spot.