Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2007, 07:20 PM

Default Re: Sketchy Internet \"pharmacies\"

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, doctors aren't always willing to prescribe anything you ask for, or prescribe for lengthy periods

[/ QUOTE ]

You're saying this is a bad thing for most people?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say it's a bad thing that prescription availability is drastically affected by economic standing and race. Studies have shown that a person of color is significantly less likely to be prescribed certain drugs (particularly painkillers) even if they present the same symptoms, drug coverage, etc as a white patient.

And more than that, the fact is, if you are rich, you are much more likely to know a doctor who will prescribe you whatever you want.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:40 PM

Yup. A lot of people who are better off can eat prescription drugs like candy, and affording doctor's visits is no big deal.

Not directly related of course(few things ever are), but brings to mind this story:

Guard gets shot and told to "walk it off"

[ QUOTE ]
OHANNESBURG (Reuters) - A South African man shot three weeks ago was told to "walk the pain off" and is still trying to persuade hospitals to remove the bullet lodged in his side, a newspaper said Thursday.

Three Johannesburg hospitals refused to remove the bullet for security guard Phillip Mashiane, 38, who was shot during a burglary at the property of South Africa's ambassador to the United Nations, the Star newspaper said.

The bullet passed through his elbow and entered his body just above the hip, missed his vital organs and stopped beneath the skin on the opposite side of his body, the Star said.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-25-2007, 08:52 PM

Not sure how common this is but I recently saw part of a Dateline broadcast titled something like "To catch a Fake Drug Company." Everybody's boy Chris Hansen was in random foreign countries buying thousands of pills for pennies on the dollar that were made in like Korea and pretty busto. There were expert accounts saying they were the best fakes - packaging, expir dates etc.. the drug companies had ever seen. Is there a pretty good chance this is what all of you are getting?
Old 08-25-2007, 09:07 PM

I think if you get something from more long-established places in first-world countries, you'll drastically lessen the chances of that.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:15 PM

Drugs that I would like to find,

Adderall
Ambien
xanax

If anyone knows a site where I can get these that's reliable please pm me, as adderall is the only thing thats ever made my thoughts be clear.

also ambien would be huge as I'd say on the average night I sleep 2 hours at best.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:33 PM

I wouldn't order drugs online.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:42 PM

FWIW ambien IS addictive and you WILL experience withdrawal if you are taking it every night for any significant period of time. benzo withdrawals are the worst kind, please keep this in mind. doxylamine, diphenhydramine, and melatonin are all adequate alternatives. i've found that ambien is a little too "fun" for me to take, so i stay away from it now. it has all the subtlety of a sledehammer in achieving its purpose.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:44 PM

I'm surprised to hear this. I managed to get addicted to xanax and it was a bitch to quit, but I've taken ambien for two week stretches with no problems stopping. I ordered all of it off the internet and had no problems.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised to hear this. I managed to get addicted to xanax and it was a bitch to quit, but I've taken ambien for two week stretches with no problems stopping. I ordered all of it off the internet and had no problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

a couple of weeks is fine, i was talking months. did you experience any seizures from your xanax withdrawal ed?
Old 08-25-2007, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and melatonin are all adequate alternatives.

[/ QUOTE ]

This just doesn't do it for me. I'll take 3 pills and it will put me to sleep (9mg total) but I'll wake up an hour later and feel really really strange but awake.