Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 05:24 AM

Default Re: The mark of the douchebag

lol @ the wsop shirt or the US open shirt being douchey...
Old 08-24-2007, 05:56 AM

Guys with huge egos at the bar/club.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:01 AM

crocs.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:23 AM

Good ones listed so far,

Bluetooth- I agree this is the ultimate sign of the douche if it's worn and used at any moment where they're not driving or using their hands. It's such a lame attempt at looking cool because you went out and spent money on technology.

tattoos- This is a really good indicator too, but it's not 100% like I believe bluetooth to be. If you have tattoos that show while wearing normal clothes, you're likely a douche with the few exceptions including if you're in the military.

Not sure if it's been said but,

piercings- Even an ear ring increases your chance of sucking, but I'm talking more along the lines of lip rings and other weird ones. Bonus d'bag points if combined with tattoos.

drug apparel- Anyone who wears any sort of marijuana shirt, or has posters of marijuana up in their house/dorm room is a douche. We get it, you smoke pot. I don't have a problem with this, but loudly saying it to the world isn't sticking it to the man, it makes you look like a burn out.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
4. Wearing last year's clothing to this year's event. You people who are wearing the last tour shirt of the band you are seeing tonight; you people who are wearing "US OPEN 2005" gear to the 2006 US Open; you fellas that are wearing "WSOP 2006" gear to the 2007 WSOP -- do you know how asinine you look? Do you have any friends?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you supposed to burn them after the year is up? Or are you forced to invest in a duplicate with a new year on it, to satisfy your problem with this?
Old 08-24-2007, 08:41 AM

White collar/cuffs with striped shirt
Never met one of these guys who wasn't a complete Douchebag
Think Lumberg from Office Space

Also, owning a Hummer is pretty much shouting to the world that you're a Douchebag and proud of it.

I really, really don't see the tattoo thing. Sure, there are loads of idiotic tattoos in the world; but I haven't noticed that the people with them are any more assholish than the general population.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:34 AM

Default Re: The mark of the NIT

I agree with those who disagree with the OPs list of "douchebagery". IMO, letting ANY of the things on the OPs list and most of the other things in this thread bother you at all make you a nit. IF we're going to be labelling people, there's one for everyone.

The #1 general every day douchebaggy thing is when you are the next customer in a line at the grocery store and they open a new till. Then the guy behind you bee-lines for the cashier instead of letting you go ahead of him. That's douchebagery.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The #1 general every day douchebaggy thing is when you are the next customer in a line at the grocery store and they open a new till. Then the guy behind you bee-lines for the cashier instead of letting you go ahead of him. That's douchebagery.

[/ QUOTE ]

This one depends a lot on how much stuff the guy currently being checked out has, and how much stuff the guy in front of me has, but I do this all the time.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:43 AM

We do these every week. Be creative for Christ's sake.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:00 AM

I personally think this is a good post as well, and not sure why people on this forum are suddenly growing some sort of conscience about bagging on people who so desperately beg to be ridiculed. it seems like standard operating procedure around here, and I for one really like it.

The bluetooth headset was the first one that popped to mind. Following a similar theme, if you wear your phone on a belt clip at any time when you are not working, you are most likely a douchebag. I can understand it somewhat for salesmen who need it, but if you wear your phone on your freaking hip for the world to see on a Saturday afternoon or at an after work happy hour, you are a complete nit.

and pleated khakis aren't necessarily a 100% sign, but from my experience it's a fairly good indicator.