Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 03:30 PM

Default How would you play this after the flop/ can you fold here?

I don't have the HH but here is how it went. Playing $1/2 PLO I have $160 behind most villans have me covered. I was in the BB with K944 double suited. 9 handed pretty loose agressive. UTG raises to $4, everyone but the cutoff calls, I call $2. Flop comes out K94 rainbow, I bet $25 one villan calls lots of folds button who is kinda a donk raises to $100. I think for a second and push for $160. villan1 folds, button donkey calls and flips over 99XX. I lose and rebuy. Anyway 2+2 PLO can I get away from this after my $25 bet gets raised when I'm holding a piece of the whole board?

After looking back at it, I think my preflop call was bad but $2 for $32 makes me call there. After the flop I think the button makes this raise with K9xx or even KQJ10 or AKQ10 upon others which makes me think I'm ahead and push.

Opinions please.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:34 PM

Default Re: How would you play this after the flop/ can you fold here?

This is one of the better boards for folding bottom set even with the cards you have in your hand.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:35 PM

The chances of vilian having KK or 99 are so small that I just don`t have it in me to fold this flop.
After his raise I`d prolly put him on TJQx or somethin` and call or shove anyway.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:45 PM

When you get reraised on a rainbow flop like k94, its a good idea to fold bottom set. By betting out you've shown lots of strength and your opponent does not care. QJTx hands would not raise this flop because with 9 outs and position he has no reason to raise. If this was a flush draw flop, or a Q97 flop I might see the reraise as the action of a draw.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:57 PM

Thanks for the input guys.

Chucky, It would be an easier fold for me if I had AQ44 or similar, but since I had both the K and 9 in my hand and know this villan has a wider range of raising hands there than the average player I couldn't get myself to lay it down.

More input is welcome and wanted, thanks
Old 10-22-2007, 07:04 PM

I agree with folding bottom set on this flop in some situations and against thinking players but not in this hand.

1. Vilian was described as a donk
2. We have K9 and no reason to believe we are not ahead.
3. There are no draws visible and yet PF raiser calls our bet ( meaning there is a possibility he hit that flop in some way = even smaller chance the "donk" has a set)
4. At these stakes I see shoves with draws and bluffs too often to ignore.

Folding in this spot is too nitty for me I`m afraid.
I agree with the OP...if it wasn`t for the K9 in our hand....maybe.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:31 PM

If you didn't have the K or 9, I would favor folding here. But with the K and 9 I couldn't get away from this hand unless I was really deep.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:37 PM

even for $2 into $32 i would fold this hand - when i did a decent review on my PT stats a couple months ago i had a leak completing for 'just $1 more' and it was really hurting me playing all these duff hands OOP every round, so now im realy tight in that dept.

as played i pass here - i really dont see QJTx repotting here when hes so nicely priced in position so that leaves 4 combinations that beat us KK, 99 and 2xK9. In theory its 50/50 whether we are in front or not, but the fact that hes repotted when a flop has been taken 8 ways would be enough to convince me that more often than not hes got me setted
Old 10-22-2007, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
even for $2 into $32 i would fold this hand - when i did a decent review on my PT stats a couple months ago i had a leak completing for 'just $1 more' and it was really hurting me

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a part of my game I need to improve on, "half price calls" I just need to be more disciplined about it. As to this specific hand postflop, I could not lay it down to this specific player who I have played with on a few different occasions. I like the feedback though, if anyone else has any, keep it coming.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:54 PM

For 80xBB get it all in here and live with the results.