Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 04:55 PM

Default Re: The Well: TOO EAZY!

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think more fish play full ring games or 6 max, or is it pretty even?

[/ QUOTE ]

My personal belief is that more fish are in six max games. But there are some reasons for this that I think the full ring hustler community can and should address.

We can call this the Too Eazy theorem, although it's really common sense. Basically the typical fish is a recreational gamer/action fiend. They will not table select, they will merely sit at the first open seat. Most of these players come from some form of live game that is a full table (9-10 people) and therefore are actually naturally inclined to sit at these tables online, however due to the nature of the games tables in full ring are generally waitlisted and thus always full. I think regs should suck it up and start more new tables with 4-5 of them playing a few hands so that fish will sit in these open seats. If more regs did this then I think we would see an immediate impact and fishier full ring tables. That being said, the average full ring regular is generally much worse post flop than the average six max player, so you can pick up the slack coming from lack of blatant megafish by exploiting these tendencies if you're decent. Personally I feel that my edge over regulars combined with the added hands/hr I get playing 12+ tables means full ring is more beneficial for me short term. (It is bad long term because I am not improving my own play at nearly the same rate I would playing in the six handed games).

And I really believe the winners need to start forming more tables on their own when there's say only 6 3/6 tables running and theyre all full + waitlisted 4 deep. It's just common sense that the fish will sit at the first available seat.

I'm glad you brought this up newb cause this is something I've wanted to discuss at length in this forum in the past.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:01 PM

ur graduating in May? me too...wanna get a few 2p2rs and get a house out in Vegas ? (serious, cuz im moving out to Vegas in June)
Old 11-05-2007, 05:29 PM

too easy ur my hero.

-DooMeR
Old 11-05-2007, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
too easy ur my hero.

-DooMeR

[/ QUOTE ]

ur a hero
Old 11-05-2007, 05:37 PM

How fast/slow do you think the learning curve is for a new player at micro stakes now, but puts in about 3 hours/day on average playing/studying the game?

How would you rate the mid-stakes games in terms of toughness these days? Are there plenty of poor players or are the midstake games primarily filled with regulars?
Old 11-05-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How fast/slow do you think the learning curve is for a new player at micro stakes now, but puts in about 3 hours/day on average playing/studying the game?

How would you rate the mid-stakes games in terms of toughness these days? Are there plenty of poor players or are the midstake games primarily filled with regulars?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well as far as the learning curve goes, I think that is up to you. People "get it" at different rates. It's about discipline and focus as well as being honest with yourself. This isn't for everyone. 3-4/hrs a day should get you 100k a year if you start at 25nl and you really study hard in my opinion. Barring some mega horrible run. The mid stakes games are easy. I don't think games get greatly difficult if you're properly bankrolled until 10/20+. There are plenty of breakeven players and donators at 2/4-5/10 to pick on. I don't expect this to ever change either. A big realization I think a lot of players don't really come across is how bad a "good" .5/1 player really is. I know that might sound funny but it's pretty fascinating how bad a lot of regulars are. I honestly believe this game is easy, it's just about discipline and common sense. Obviously you need to table select at 2/4+ more than 1/2 and below, but if you have basic common sense (don't sit with 8 regs even if you have a slight edge), there's no reason to declare 2/4-5/10 difficult.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:50 PM

1) Lifetime earnings from poker?
2) What is your favorite starting hand (not counting premiums)?
Old 11-05-2007, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2) What is your favorite starting hand (not counting premiums)?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Six figures.

2. I like the 89o type hands when I'm feeling frisky. AQ suited is an abnormally high winner for me in my long term DB so I got love for that maybe more than I should.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:56 PM

How do you deal with having a Laggy type player to your left? I mean assuming it's a good table and you really don't want to leave?
Old 11-05-2007, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Six figures.

[/ QUOTE ]

Graph ?