Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2007, 12:33 PM

Default Re: Underage and made >20 000$USD

I don't think this is a valid argument. It's not because I am underage that I don't deserve my money.

In other words, you are comparing poker pros to drug dealers and you're telling me that I got that money cheating. I don't agree at all. Ok, I broke the law by playing underage, but I played my cards as anyone and it has nothing to do with "cheating".

If you consider winning money at playing poker is not "earning" money, then what are you doing on this forum ?

I have an idea for cashing out which doesn't involve chips dumping or fake id. But I definitely won't tell the truth to the site.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:38 PM

fake id is the only way to go.
dumping or telling them will make them take your money. i don't know what your other idea is, but its probably trading money to another site(hopefully to an over age player) or dumping.
just alter your birthdate in photshop
Old 02-01-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You shouldn't gamble underage.
They hope they do keep your money because I certainly wouldn't want to play on a site that paid out to cheaters.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you being sarcastic or are you really this dumb?
Old 02-01-2007, 12:44 PM

Well actually, if I alter my birth date on my ID.. my account will be OK for "cash out" mode. The problem is that if I want to cash out with neteller, firepay or credit card... will I have to tell neteller or firepay my fake birthday ? If so, is there a way for them to verify my info. using my bank account?

The other alternative would be to ask for a cheque...
Old 02-01-2007, 12:52 PM

i would just get a check. no need going through neteller, ...
Old 02-01-2007, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They hope they do keep your money because I certainly wouldn't want to play on a site that paid out to cheaters.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO

Apparently, this poster finds poker playing in general to be a noble profession, yet playing at a young age is "cheating" and equivalent to being a drug dealer.

Since I KNOW no 2+2er would ever be a hypocrite, I'm sure we'll find that this poster:

1. Never smoked <18
2. Never drank <21

If this guy was to answer honestly, I'd give 10:1 odds that he did either of these (and probably both) and even money that he had a fake ID at some point. Seriously, I bet this hypocrite was at a kegger on a weekly basis or more.

Since my dad took me to the horse races (and placed my bets) from age 8 onward, I feel SO [censored] GUILTY about "cheating" those poor racetracks over all those years.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:25 PM

You might want to create a new e-mail address (preferably from a different domain, e.g. if your current address is xxxx@gmail.com, make a new one at yyy@yahoo.com), and e-mail them asking if they would let someone who played at their site while under 18 withdraw their funds when they turned 18.

If you play at a smallish site, then this might be kinda risky. I don't think they often have a lot of people's funds locked up, so it might arouse a little suspicion.

Getting a fake I.D. or altering the one you already have is a good idea too.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO

Apparently, this poster finds poker playing in general to be a noble profession, yet playing at a young age is "cheating" and equivalent to being a drug dealer.

Since I KNOW no 2+2er would ever be a hypocrite, I'm sure we'll find that this poster:

1. Never smoked <18
2. Never drank <21

If this guy was to answer honestly, I'd give 10:1 odds that he did either of these (and probably both) and even money that he had a fake ID at some point. Seriously, I bet this hypocrite was at a kegger on a weekly basis or more.

Since my dad took me to the horse races (and placed my bets) from age 8 onward, I feel SO [censored] GUILTY about "cheating" those poor racetracks over all those years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I don't think it is equivalent to being a drug dealer. Perhaps that was an imprecise example. Let's try this: I think someone who sells cigarettes to a minor earns the money he makes on the sale just as much as when they sell to an adult, but that doesn't mean they deserve the money.

BTW, I have never smoked and never bought or attempted to buy alcohol before I was 21 (except when I was in a country where the drinking age was different). I did consume alcohol prior to that age, but I don't think that is illegal if freely given to me in a private location.

I also have no interest in gambling against minors, and I rely on the websites I use to guard against the possibility. If they sites have to use draconion measures to prevent this, I applaud them. As we are already seeing through the passage of UIGEA, underage gambling threatens the existence of my hobby for those of would like to engage in it legally.

Honestly, the whole tenor of this thread seems to be encouraging minors to circumvent the sites' efforts to obtain age confirmation, which is just giving fodder to the people who want to eliminate online gambling poker entirely.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You might want to create a new e-mail address (preferably from a different domain, e.g. if your current address is xxxx@gmail.com, make a new one at yyy@yahoo.com), and e-mail them asking if they would let someone who played at their site while under 18 withdraw their funds when they turned 18.

If you play at a smallish site, then this might be kinda risky. I don't think they often have a lot of people's funds locked up, so it might arouse a little suspicion.

Getting a fake I.D. or altering the one you already have is a good idea too.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is not a good idea. but if you do it, make sure you use a proxy when you send the email
Old 02-02-2007, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO

1. Never smoked <18
2. Never drank <21

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I don't think it is equivalent to being a drug dealer. Perhaps that was an imprecise example. Let's try this: I think someone who sells cigarettes to a minor earns the money he makes on the sale just as much as when they sell to an adult, but that doesn't mean they deserve the money.

BTW, I have never smoked and never bought or attempted to buy alcohol before I was 21 (except when I was in a country where the drinking age was different). I did consume alcohol prior to that age, but I don't think that is illegal if freely given to me in a private location.

I also have no interest in gambling against minors, and I rely on the websites I use to guard against the possibility. If they sites have to use draconion measures to prevent this, I applaud them. As we are already seeing through the passage of UIGEA, underage gambling threatens the existence of my hobby for those of would like to engage in it legally.

Honestly, the whole tenor of this thread seems to be encouraging minors to circumvent the sites' efforts to obtain age confirmation, which is just giving fodder to the people who want to eliminate online gambling poker entirely.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Nick here... The government is using the phrase"let's keep our kids safe". This just gives their argument backbone...

But luckily enough your a winning player, but that doesn't change the fact, quite a few parents have no idea what their kids are doing, therefore the gov. is gonna jump in and watch them for us....

Thanks for proving their point....