Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2007, 10:48 AM

Default TP2K in 3bet pot (NL50)

HU cash $0.25/$0.5

SB/BTN . . . HERO $67 [K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
BB . . . . . VILLAIN $55

HERO raises $1.5, VILLAIN re-raises $5.5, HERO calls
(pot: $10.45)

FLOP: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
VILLAIN insta-bets $8, HERO calls
(pot: $25.65)

TURN: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
VILLAIN insta-bets $30
HERO ???

(VILLAIN - $11.60 left behind)
(HERO - $53.5 left behind)

When he sat at my table, it seemed he knew how to play. Folding to my button raises, raising in position (but folding mostly) and immediately reloading to full stack (just as I did). Not many flops were seen and few flops he decided to play - he played extremely weak. Somewhere in the middle of the game an idea popped:" He's afraid of postflop! His game revolves around taking pots preflop!". However since I was not playing ordinary donk and since he was pretty tight for HU standards, I didn't really feel like making some crazy bluffs.
After 15 min or so, as my button PFR approached 90% he started to play back by 3betting me preflop. Most of the time I gave up, but on two occasions I looked him up and he immediately let the pot go. Slowly I was getting a feeling he's sick of me shamelessly abusing the button and that he was semi-tilting a little.

Then the ^^^ hand came. Based on how he played it felt kinda weird seeing him insta-betting, since he usually took more. So lets say <insert Obi Van's voice here>:"I feel disturbance in The Force".