Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2007, 08:22 PM

Default TT in CO

No reads. I believe he just sat down, but I had been pretty unattentive for a while. HORSE

Is this good? I felt like he could raise me with any hand here, and if I just call I might as well fold since I will c/f the turn anyway. On the other hand, this could get expensive for me if he has a K. What is my line if he calls the turn? c/c the river?

Before folding the turn, villain thought for a really long time. What kind of hand does that put him on?

Full Tilt 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: 6.25 BB
Old 11-04-2007, 08:55 PM

Default Re: TT in CO

I don't like the flop threebet. Err, I kind of hate it. You're behind the vast, vast majority of the time here. Board's kind of dry for him to be bumping you with a draw. Glad it worked out, but still.

If you think that he would pull this without having you beat then I would just call and reevaluate on the turn. Based on your read c/f or calling down could be fine.

I don't know about the timing tell, but I would say that this looks like KJs, KTs making a "smart fold". Unless he's a real weak passive KQ is calling down. From his perspective you three bet the flop on that board and turn is a total brick. He can't put you on an underpair, there's no reasonable draw and he hates his kicker. And given the pot size, he's probably right to fold and at worst only slightly wrong. From his perspective you're most likely to hold KQ at worst and he's being offered only about 4-1 on the calldown. So there.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:05 AM

one outer, not sure if you play online but any king is and should never be folding here. i 3bet the flop some and i don't 3bet it some. depends if the guy is gonna keep barrelling off as a bluff, or if the board is drawy lending itself to a freecard play.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:50 AM

I don't play online, but I dont' think that has anything to do with this particular hand. I don't think it is normal for a villain to fold a K here or correct. I just pointed out that in the example here it wouldn't be as wrong as it normally would be if he did fold a K. I don't know; that was the story that made sense to me.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:57 AM

If he folded the turn, you were way ahead &amp; wanted the call. Which is why you're generally better off just calling down after the flop raise.

I'd put him on either a lower pocket pair or a hand like A9. I've never played the 3/6 HORSE game, but at least at the online HORSE tables I've sat at, nobody is ever folding a king here. Ever. In order to do so, you'd have to presume that he's both A), bad enough to coldcall with a K-high hand OTB after your steal raise, and B) "good" enough to realize that you're obviously representing a strong K or better and then fold it on the turn. Pretty slim parlay.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:33 AM

I don't know if it's easier to put someone on a hand live or online, but I do know that live they're more likely to be calling with junk and online you'll more than occasionally get raised with junk.

HU is a different beast. I'm a SSHE student, but even I have c/r ed with air occasionally online. I think that online that flop 3B shows that we're not kidding around/stealing and along with the turn bet is strength that only a K or better continues.

Live is so different. You can play ABC and dominate. I'm not saying I'm the best player, but I'm a winning player at both games so I have some experience.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If he folded the turn, you were way ahead &amp; wanted the call. Which is why you're generally better off just calling down after the flop raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. let him keep barrelling. the board is close to drawless on the flop. if he raises the flop he bets the turn when checked to most always(with a much weaker hand than a pair of kings).
Old 11-05-2007, 01:57 PM

No one can say with certainty that you didn't get a better hand to fold. Even though, I would not 3-bet this flop OOP. With no reads, except that Btn made a terrible CC, I would just get to showdown cheaply.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:00 PM

lol at people thinking villain is never folding a K here. Sure, it's more likely that villain has like A9 or something like that but given the action there are a lot of players that make a "smart" fold with a King here. Maybe it's just cause I don't play online?
Old 11-05-2007, 02:14 PM

one outer, being as gentle as i can, yes, that's correct, you don't play online, and live and online are two very different games.