Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2007, 09:15 PM

Default Re: My queens get re-raised

I think you played this fine and I think you can fold river. If you give him any credit at all and he views you similarely, I donīt think he is bluffing often on the river, since your check behind on the turn would indicate you have showdown value. I donīt think he is bluffing with AK here. But if you are two relative unknowns to each other I think he can bet thinner for value and maybe bluff more.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you played this fine and I think you can fold river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. If I had AK without the flush I would not bluff the river after how this hand was played.

But then again, people go nuts in reraised pots, so that makes it tough not to call. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2007, 10:26 PM

I don't like a turn bet. Worse hands fold, or might CRAI (and leave you vomiting), and better hands are going to extract the hell out of you.

I like calling any non a/k river as long as the bet isn't monstrous. I don't think the 9c is that scary - if he had the club draw it seems he probably would have cont-bet the turn.

Further, since you have been positional and active, and your raise was on the button, it looks like a steal to our at-least-half-witted oppponent. This widens his 3-betpf range a ton, and he's going to be c-betting this flop no matter what (and his c-bet was a bit weak). He checks the turn, but a scare card comes on the river and he bets 2/3 pot. Why exactly is everyone so afraid of AA/KK?
Old 08-06-2007, 06:20 AM

I think after the check/check on the turn he'd feel you don't have a huge hand, because you'd bet it.

He probably puts you on a jack or a medium pair. If he still dares to bet on the river he might feel you can throw away TT- and otherwise has the goods (I don't know what he thinks of you).

Although I like the check on the turn he could have been planning on checkraising with JJ-AA. I start to dislike a call on the river and would rather fold, because his range is something like:

you beat: TT, AK, some other bluff (will he bet this?)
you tie: QQ (very unlikely)
you die: AA, KK, JJ, any goofy 7hand (seems a lot of hands)

In reality I probably still call... Man, do queens suck.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:45 AM

After the turn check you pretty much have to call the river. You induce, now pay the man.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:01 AM

This is a bluff VERY rarely IME. I think I fold if I play well, because even if you do sometimes catch a bluff, I think we lose too many times to make it worth calling. Most people simply donīt have the balls to fire twice in a reraised pot.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:17 AM

why are we not betting the turn here for protection? do we not think we're ahead at this point, esp w/ villain seeing us as active? don't we want to bet to charge draws? (specifically AK)

I think we have to bet this turn.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:14 PM

I don't see why he would be betting this river for anything other than value. He is either betting AJ or a rivered flush or set. How likely is a bluff percentage wise would you think?
Old 08-06-2007, 01:26 PM

Pre-flop calling is optimal IMO....its is more interesting/difficult when OOP

[ QUOTE ]
I think the very worse that he is going to show up with here is going to be a hand like AK. Really if he seems to understand position he is not going to be three betting oop with a hand that you likely have dominated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong...his stats seem like a decent player and a good player could be 3betting very wide here against a button raise from the original poster. He could possibly have any pair, suited connectors, suited 1 gappers, suited A's maybe, AQ,AJ, etc.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, I think we all agree call is optimal.

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q Q (6 Players)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.50, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.50</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $8.25</font>, MP folds, Hero calls $5.75

Flop: ($17.25) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $10.00</font>

What now? fwiw villain has a cbet rate of 76%

[/ QUOTE ]

I would call here. I don't think he'll be calling a raise with anything you beat except maybe AJ.