Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2007, 06:29 PM

Default Re: **Official Guitar Hero 2 is the best PS2 Game ever Thread**

[ QUOTE ]
In a few weeks, when you're doing the Hard level, you'll try the Easy level and be bored to tears with it. It's really amazing how quickly one can progress in the game, yet still have so far to go. (e.g,. I'm to the point where I can 4-5 star half of the songs on the Hard level, yet I still can't finish Crazy On You.)

[/ QUOTE ]

And after you've failed Jordan on Expert for the 700th time you'll look back at Crazy on You and laugh.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:24 PM

So I finally 5* Rock this Town the other day. That makes 30/30 5*s in the first six sets.

For anyone interested. www.scorehero.com has league signups. Season 5 starts this week. Anyone can join.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For anyone interested. www.scorehero.com has league signups. Season 5 starts this week. Anyone can join.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should also add that Scorehero has a new server. For anyone who was frustrated by the site being incredibly slow, it's not anymore.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I should also add that Scorehero has a new server. For anyone who was frustrated by the site being incredibly slow, it's not anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, it's incredibly fast. I was shocked. I need to go update my scores now. I hadn't been because I was tired of waiting 45 seconds for each page to load.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:11 PM

I just got the game yesterday and I'm practicing on medium. Currently, I'm just struggling with "Surrender". I have no problem playing the song, except for when there are stretches where you're just playing the same note over and over again rapidly. My timing messes up and then I just go on tilt and end up screwing up even more. Any tips on how to nail these consecutive notes?
Old 06-07-2007, 08:50 PM

Moss,

Tap your foot or maybe try to develop a sense of rhythm.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just got the game yesterday and I'm practicing on medium. Currently, I'm just struggling with "Surrender". I have no problem playing the song, except for when there are stretches where you're just playing the same note over and over again rapidly. My timing messes up and then I just go on tilt and end up screwing up even more. Any tips on how to nail these consecutive notes?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is pretty common early on, particularly when it comes to fast repeating patterns of notes/chords. As you get more practice it gets easier to stay in time during these sections. Like Papa Smurf said, tapping your foot might help in terms of keeping the basic rhythm.

Swede
Old 06-08-2007, 04:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Using the upstroke will help you develop a better sense of rhythm if you're not doing it already. If you don't play guitar/aren't used to stroking up as well as down it will actually make you a little worse at first but much better later on.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
SICKEST VIDEOS EVER

Institutionalized 100%
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgrbYJXJmkg
Jordan 95%
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3srkOPOR5UA

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? I only watched the institutionalized one and I really can't fathom how that can even be real. There is just no way I can imagine a human doing that.

EDIT: I just watched the Jordan video and I'm completely flabbergasted. At one point he was using 2 hands, what was he strumming with? Also, what does "FC" mean, I keep seeing its on the youtube links.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:49 AM

FC means full combo as in not missing a single note. Those vids are so sick, my jaw dropped on both of them.