Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2007, 03:19 AM

Default Re: 200NL - how bad did i play JJ here?

[ QUOTE ]
When you 3-bet someone from the blinds, you should nearly always fire a c-bet of at least 3/4 of the pot. In this particular instance you should fire a c-bet not only as a part of your 3-bet arsenal, but to find out where you are in the hand. With a dangerous board like this you must play the hand as if you are ahead, rather than behind, to figure out where you stand. A good opponent will see your check/call on the flop as weakness and will use this knowledge to his advantage on the turn and/or river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you B/C or B/Fing?
Old 02-21-2007, 05:10 AM

Good question. On the basis of his 25/19 play, I feel that it is safe to assume that the turn did not help him. His numbers indicate pretty standard TAG play for 6-max. Is he calling a 3-bet with AT, KT, QT, or JT? I dont think so. Therefore, continue again on the turn and re-evaluate on the river if called. If raised on turn, I feel its an easy fold. This situation is tough b/c hero failed to assess where he stood in the hand early on. On a draw heavy board out of position, it will be extremely difficult and non-profitable to play the hand "way behind", rather than "way ahead".
Old 02-21-2007, 06:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When you 3-bet someone from the blinds, you should nearly always fire a c-bet of at least 3/4 of the pot. In this particular instance you should fire a c-bet not only as a part of your 3-bet arsenal, but to find out where you are in the hand. With a dangerous board like this you must play the hand as if you are ahead, rather than behind, to figure out where you stand. A good opponent will see your check/call on the flop as weakness and will use this knowledge to his advantage on the turn and/or river.

[/ QUOTE ]

no
Old 02-21-2007, 06:25 AM

@diceman I only agree with the part about betting the flop...

Hmmm I just realized that checking here with a monster might be a good line against agressive tricky opponents...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no

[/ QUOTE ]

he typed out a well-written, detailed post explaining why he believes you should bet the flop here. Regardless of whether he is right or not, you should extend him the same courtesy and explain why you disagree with him.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You should never "bet to see where you're at" in the hand, ever. That's a terrible leak a lot of new players have. Yes, he will see your check/call as weakness, hence getting value out of weaker hands.

Basically his bluffing range is probably more than his calling range of worse hands. Checking here is a must in my opinion.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You should never "bet to see where you're at" in the hand, ever. That's a terrible leak a lot of new players have. Yes, he will see your check/call as weakness, hence getting value out of weaker hands.

Basically his bluffing range is probably more than his calling range of worse hands. Checking here is a must in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you usually c-betting or not in 3-bet pots? I find I get called by a lot of random pairs because people expect that a lot of my range is air (not THAT incorrect lol). If you check a lot of flops in 3-bet pots than I can see checkig this flop most of the time...
Old 02-21-2007, 06:39 AM

i think i bet the c-bet the flop and shove most rivers....maybe a c/r on this flop is good too...i dunno, i just think this a very good flop for our hand and last thing we want to do is have KQ or AQ (no spades) to get a cheap showdown.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:41 PM

I bet this flop as I crank up bone crusher "I ain't neva scared".
Old 02-21-2007, 01:40 PM

Ok, I think we've beaten the 'bet the flop' line to death here. Since I was the villian I can tell you that had he bet the flop, I would have thought for at least a little while (board contains lots of possibilities), and then raised about 3-3.5x his bet (given it was already a reasonable size). What does he do then?