Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 01:09 PM

Default Re: Absolute Poker Scandal: An Inside Job

We haven't talked about much yet about the fact that we have the cheater's EMAIL, don't we? e.g. we have Absolute UserID 363's email (or at least the one that he used to register his account, right?) Do we also have the email address of the other mysterious observer with the same IP address? How about POTRIPPER or GRAYCAT? Do we have theirs?

What can we do with this info (if anything)? Any sense in actually trying to email those accounts to see if we can elicit some sort of response? Although the following might be a blatant privacy breach, what about contacting acquaintances / connections at the email's domain/host to get more info...surely someone here has to have some connections to MSN...can we go anywhere with that?

EDIT: How about cross-checking not only the guy's email addy but ALSO the IP address from the mysterious User 363 (and/or Potripper's but i think i remember hearing that we don't have potripper's) with OTHER poker sites? e.g. I think I remember Nat saying that he's already done this and that other poker sites have not yet hit on a match of the same email addy being used to register an account anywhere else, but what about that IP address logging in to another site (!). I would find it hard to believe that Absolute is the ONLY poker software installed on the cheaters' computer, so might his IP address be something that ohter poker sites could crosscheck to see if anyone with that address has ever logged in?
Old 10-16-2007, 01:12 PM

So P5s takes the lead in standing up for the integrity of the game, while the bigwigs at 2+2, every poker magazine, and every big named pro sits on their hands? Interesting.

Also anyone polluting this thread with irrelevant pissing contests should be perma-banned.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:12 PM

The biggest security flaw in any system is people. As it's been suggested, it seems like this could very well be work of one or two people inside Absolute and no one else is actually aware of it.

Now, that doesn't excuse this, but it does make it a stretch to say that the Kahnawake Gaming commission wasn't doing their job or that they were somehow involved in the matter. Sure, they could've known that such an account existed, but trusted that staff members wouldn't abuse it.

That said, it seems like Absolute (if they choose to admit this) could pin this on the few employees that were responsible and come away relatively unscathed.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:13 PM

Nat, great job with all the work.

Just curious if you (or anyone else for that matter) has any experience working on the administrative side of things with any poker software? I made an earlier post about role-based access control and it has really got me curious as to the security methodology that a typical poker software platform uses. I think if we had a better idea of how security works within the software, we could make better assessments as to how this incident occurred and the likelihood of something similar happening again on AP or other software platforms.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:18 PM

Good work to all involved in breaking this open. It's unfortunate that Absolute is staying one step ahead of us since they can simply check in on our progress in these threads and adjust accordingly. Perhaps we should consider keeping some of this information private. I think the evidence is more powerful if Absolute is unaware of what particular evidence we have.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:19 PM

Nat, do you have any reason to believe multiple persons at AP knew what was happening while this was going on other than the person accessing the 363 account?

Obviously, there should be some big red flags when the "dumpee" accounts attempted to cash-out. You'd think that some very basic level of player review in the cash-out process would arouse suspicion.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:23 PM

teddyFBI, it may be worth cross-checking the IPs with the logs at 2+2. I've got a strong hunch that some people at AP, probably bigwigs and PR types, but maybe just maybe the cheaters, have posted here defending AP and defending the "donk play" by the superusers.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:24 PM

kurt,

you are wrong on point 2. the full name uncovered in the excel file matches the first name (an uncommon one) at the bottom of the original email sent to crazymarco which contained the excel file.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
from dan druff in that thread

[ QUOTE ]
Actually there was a very good reason for me to Jew up the staff there.

[/ QUOTE ]

and now I remember why I don't post on neverwin poker

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah Dan Druff making a joke about his own race. ZOMG TERRIBLE. I THINK ONCE I SAW A BOOBIE ON TV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jews are not a "race". Judaism is a religion.

[/ QUOTE ]

strrrrrrrike 1
Old 10-16-2007, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
kurt,

you are wrong on point 2. the full name uncovered in the excel file matches the first name (an uncommon one) at the bottom of the original email sent to crazymarco which contained the excel file.

[/ QUOTE ]

We really should be crosschecking those IPs with every single poker-related forum/site we can think of to try and find a match.
Closed Thread