Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 02:20 AM

Default So Syria says \"We where never building nukes\"

Here is some picture proof of Syria "cleansing" the area after Isreal bombed the [censored] out of Syria's plans to build a nuclear reactor. Syria has said they never even had a building on that land.....umm guess they forgot about the little spy in the sky.

The before and after pics...kind of interesting I think.

http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-...7102502100.jpg
Old 10-26-2007, 04:28 AM

Default Re: So Syria says \"We where never building nukes\"

Yes I have herad it all before.

Lets not forget te claim that Saddam made numerous times that he didn't have weapons of mass destruction. Of course, Bush didn't believe it (or did not admit that he did accept that).

Of course that was the origin of the current mess the US is trying desperately to extricate itself from.

And hey, guess what, Saddam was right! The US intelligence (sic) wasn't right. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2007, 04:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Lets not forget te claim that Saddam made numerous times that he didn't have weapons of mass destruction. Of course, Bush didn't believe it

[/ QUOTE ]

And neither did the Clintons or anyone else in our federal government.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Lets not forget te claim that Saddam made numerous times that he didn't have weapons of mass destruction. Of course, Bush didn't believe it

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as I know there are very unequal access to US (un)intelligence for the commander and chief and mere hopefuls to the post! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2007, 04:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as I know there are very unequal access to US (un)intelligence for the commander and chief and mere hopefuls to the post! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bill Clinton was a hopeful to the post? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2007, 05:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bill Clinton was a hopeful to the post? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No need be confused, Bill Clinton didn't start that war based on deception and lies. Hillary is a mere hopeful. And neither Bill nor Hillary had access to US (un)intelligence. Only Bush managed to deceive, not only his countrymen, but a few allies as well. This deceiving of people has been done over and over again by the current administration. Only a fool, or one whose interest is in the deception, would even suggest that was not the case.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Lets not forget te claim that Saddam made numerous times that he didn't have weapons of mass destruction. Of course, Bush didn't believe it (or did not admit that he did accept that).

Of course that was the origin of the current mess the US is trying desperately to extricate itself from.

And hey, guess what, Saddam was right! The US intelligence (sic) wasn't right. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

So do you think the satellite photos of the site in Syria are faked/photoshopped, or legit as claimed?
Old 10-26-2007, 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So do you think the satellite photos of the site in Syria are faked/photoshopped, or legit as claimed?

[/ QUOTE ]

They have been published in papers of historical record so I would assume there fact checkers figured the sources of these photo's and the authenticity of the locations to be legit.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd imagine they're about as real as the "facts" about Iraq that were presented pre-war.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Here is some picture proof of Syria "cleansing" the area after Isreal bombed the [censored] out of Syria's plans to build a nuclear reactor. Syria has said they never even had a building on that land.....umm guess they forgot about the little spy in the sky.

The before and after pics...kind of interesting I think.

http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-...7102502100.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

What if Syria really was trying to secretly build a nuke?

Didn't we secretly build a nuke, too? And huge stockpiles of biological, chemical, and nuclear weapons that we still maintain?

If Syria is trying to build a nuke, it may be cause for concern, most notably for Israel. But Israel has stockpiles of nukes and a massive conventional advantage over Syria anyway. Why would Syria not want to provide some deterrence capability against Israel or others? We might want to keep tabs on how things progress just so we know if those nukes end up somewhere that threatens us. But we certainly aren't justified in using force to stop Syria from trying to defend itself using the same means we and Israel are justified in using to defend ourselves.